Hofner, strat & VHT me...

• Thread starter Link72
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Link72

Reaction score
G'day all,
stumbled accross this site whilst seeking info on my VHT.
I own a Pittbull Forty Five combo. Model number C-5084-T
The transformer actually blew up once (much to my horror).:flame:
Had it replaced by "Fretted instruments" in Ringwood, Melbourne, at a cost of over AU$700.
The amp tech. informed me that he adjusted the bios and checked it's output. I was under the impression that it was a forty-five watt amp but apparently it pushes out a full 50 watts.
Happy to announce I've had no ploblems with it since.
Anyway, was wondering if someone can give me an indication of it's value, if one should decide to put it up for sale?
Also, I own a genuine '70s Japanese Ibanez Strat. In great condition except for the fact that a dickhead has carved a broader slot in the centre pick-up position, under the scratch plate, in order to fit a humbucker. Wanker!!
Very playable guitar; no twist in neck etc.
Was wondering it's value too?:shred:

One more thing, I have a '61 Hofner President. It's not in playable condition, but very repairable. Has lost it's original pick-up and pick guard.
The neck is in good condition but it has seperated at the heel. No splits or dramas with the body. None of these problems would be too much for decent luthier to fix.
I still have to pay the seller, and therefore was hoping someone can tell me what a fair price would be for such a rare guitar, in need of repair?
And what would it's value be once repaired?
Thanx for your time people,
"All the best in the New Year, and keep on Rockin'....:hbang:"<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- Kontera --><!-- /Kontera --><!-- / message -->

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Welcome dude, but this is an introduction thread, not a 'tell me how much my gear is worth thread'. Perhaps post that in the 'Gear & Equipment' section :)

')