Holy shit... Thanks for the laugh Corpsegrinder

benduncan

Reaction score
then lets write up a couple theory on why you have implied that i am crazy. seriously, send them to my inbox and i will respond with mine. thought out non hostile ones

anyway, its 1:55 here, im going to bed

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vstealth

Reaction score
Your reading into it way too much, as BIG ND SWEATY said, its for fun, it pumps up the crowd. In the end, who gives a shit whether he meant it or not.

wespaul

Octaves of Manhattan
Reaction score
My theory? I read what you wrote, and peered through the window to your mind.

benduncan

Reaction score
so if you write films and music of the same nature why would this bother you at all? its not like this is a regular occurrence for him, if it was i doubt he would be married and have 2 small kids. i never said anything was wrong with thinking, i said there was something wrong with over thinking.

its not the music that bothers me, i listen to it, though im not much of a fan of new cannibal. and for the record im not healthy either. plus its not black or white, as in saying things like that = axe murderer who cant have a family. i think you just dont understand what im saying

anyway, i gotta go

benduncan

Reaction score
^ i really hope that wasn't directed at me, i haven't implied that you were crazy at all and i certainly haven't responded with any kind of hostility towards you.

no, wespaul, you havent been hostel. i need to stop looking after i rply, lol, this is the last one

goodnight

ChaNce

Auto-banned?
Reaction score
lol, do you know anything about psychology? i dont have a phd or im not an expert, but i do know that what i said is an accepted theory about gender identity

I do have a Phd, and I am an expert in Psychology, and the pure "window into the mind" theory lost relevance as an accepted theory in Psych in the 40s.

However, Stephen Pinker suggests that under certain circumstances, language can inform us about intelligence and development. This is much more specific than a pop-psy "window into the mind" interpretation that benduncan is asserting. Language Is a Window into the Mind | Steven Pinker | Big Think is a relatively good talk/article on this. Pinker is pretty controversial, however.

Using what someone says in a very specific situation may or may not be interpretable as a window into the mind, but it certainly isn't the case that you can make wholesale conclusions about masculine/feminine balance (whatever that is) by what CG says on stage.

benduncan

Reaction score
I do have a Phd, and I am an expert in Psychology, and the pure "window into the mind" theory lost relevance as an accepted theory in Psych in the 40s.

However, Stephen Pinker suggests that under certain circumstances, language can inform us about intelligence and development. This is much more specific than a pop-psy "window into the mind" interpretation that benduncan is asserting. Language Is a Window into the Mind | Steven Pinker | Big Think is a relatively good talk/article on this. Pinker is pretty controversial, however.

Using what someone says in a very specific situation may or may not be interpretable as a window into the mind, but it certainly isn't the case that you can make wholesale conclusions about masculine/feminine balance (whatever that is) by what CG says on stage.

at least someone here knows something :lol:

EDIT: Thanks for the video

benduncan

Reaction score
He just completely refuted your argument, now you're praising him?

:nuts:

i wouldnt say that 100%, but yes.

now this is a post on the internet, he could be a 5 year old girl for all i know. also, he posted something from someone that is apparently controversial(according to him, not me). what could that mean?

all possible negatives

but i liked his post and giving him the benefit of the doubt, he obviously knows more than me. That doesnt automatically mean hes right but i would trust his opinion over mine.

not to mention, not everything i said was exactly brilliant, lol.

MSGR

Reaction score
Lol crowd should've body surfed his ass right up to the stage and watch Corpsegrinder fuck him up!!

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
it doesnt matter if hes serious or not, everything we say/do is a window into our minds. being overtly masculine usually indicates an unhealthy feminine/masculine balance in the psyche

God, get over yourself man, Corpsegrinder was just chewing him out because it was enough of a pussy to throw trash up onstage. It's a metal gig, it's OTT. Are you familiar with Cannibal Corpse? They aren't exactly known for being subtle or holding back.

Ryan-ZenGtr-

Reaction score
Only musicians, comedians and politicians run the risk of flying objects during the course of their careers.

Ok, maybe clowns, baseball and cricket ( < :rofl: )players, too.

"I don't come down to the bus station and slap the dick out of your mouth while you're working, do I?"

Dat Burn! :flame:

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
lol, do you know anything about psychology? i dont have a phd or im not an expert, but i do know that what i said is an accepted theory about gender identity

Sorry, but false. If there's anyone that knows gender identity issues, it's me. I'm a transwoman, and because of that I have been forced to learn as much as I can about the subject. (even did my Psychology term paper on the subject and was just 2 points shy of getting a perfect on it. Damn APA format citations. :lol: )

What you said is complete and utter pseudo-science. It is true to some degree that being over-masculine could POSSIBLY be a cover for femininity, but that's not a guarantee. Most times when people have a gender identity crisis, they hide that shit and go on like nothing is wrong, until either they realize they have to express their true gender identity, or attempt to harm themselves to numb the pain.

And just knowing how Cannibal Corpse is, this was obviously not a case of gender issues. You go to a brutal death metal show and the motif there is death and morbidity. What corpsegrinder did was pure theatrics. No doubt, he probably would have beat the guy up because George really just does not take shit from people, but the kill your family stuff is because George is the frontman to one of the most brutal bands out there. He takes on the roll of a mass serial killer when he hits the stage.

Don Vito

Reaction score
"I'll feed you to the alligators you cocksucker!"

My new favorite thing.

Latest posts

')