Home Build: "eco" Strandberg Boden 7 clone

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Walterson

Reaction score
Step one:
dsf0978n.jpg

Step two:
dsf0980n.jpg

So THATS a long neck Tenon - I like to take all the glueing surface I can get....
dsf0982n.jpg

The weight came down to 2240g and I still need to carve the neck and the belly carve is missing too....

I did not take as much pictures as last time. Have a look here if you want to see more detailed how I do a neck pocket or a pickup cavity:
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/lu...1660-new-build-blackmachine-ish-6-string.html

GizmoJunior

Reaction score
It's really coming together nicely. How much are you gonna charge me when it's finished? :lol:

Pezshreds

SSBRO.org Regular
Reaction score
So I hope this is being donated to the "Pez is shit at woodwork and can't make his own guitar, he also can't afford to buy any more guitars because he is buying a house" foundation when it's finished :)

Walterson

Reaction score
So I hope this is being donated to the "Pez is shit at woodwork and can't make his own guitar, he also can't afford to buy any more guitars because he is buying a house" foundation when it's finished :)

Nice try! ;)

Walterson

Reaction score
@all: than you very much!

I found some time to figure out the bridge position and finalize the body outline:
dsf0985n.jpg

Guess what I did here:
dsf0986n.jpg

.....right, the neck was a little square for my taste....
dsf0987n.jpg

dsf0989n.jpg

Getting there, I'll refine the profile over the next days, don't like to do it in a rush....
dsf0990n.jpg

I don't like flat Ibanez Wizard like necks, this is a neck for real man :D a chunky rounded D with flat shoulders. Something between a D and a V.

I'm still waiting for the headpiece, thats why I did not work on the "headstock"....

AwDeOh

Reaction score
Ah.. the neck profile that was popular back when men were men, and sheep were nervous.

skeels

..to pay the beels
Reaction score
Dude, Thanks so much for posting pictures of your builds.

I learn so much from you guys....

Walterson

Reaction score
How thick is that neck? I love me a good solid neck.

At the moment:

1st fret -> 22,5mm
12th fret -> 24mm

some material will be removed during sanding.

But it's mostly the shape that makes a neck feel thick or thin. A U feels much thicker than a V even with the same thickness.

Walterson

Reaction score
Can't wait to see this thing finished!!!

Me too! I carved the belly cut yesterday, and started sanding the body. This thing really starts to look sexy now... the weight came down to 2040gr total.
The ABM Headless Bridges are quite heavy ~270gr for 7 off them. But I think the finished guitar will stay under 2400gr. We'll see. Pics soon.

Walterson

Reaction score
.....the access hole to the control cavity:
4j0s.jpg

and another one with the "cover" in place:
e51r.jpg

Now thats a clean back! Ola did something like this on Nr.4 but more Strat like with a pickguard on front. #4 – Demo | .strandberg* Guitars

The belly carve is almost done:
ywvo.jpg

poe6.jpg

ukmz.jpg

the ends of the fretslots are filled with a mixture of epoxy and plum wood dust...
zeno.jpg

All I can do now is sand and wait until I got the headpiece from ETS.....

Pezshreds

SSBRO.org Regular
Reaction score
Walt, I've had enough of all of this teasing. Please finish this build immediately.
Sorry to sound like a broken record.
Regards
Pez
PS. Love the input jack position

Latest posts

')