Home Build: "eco" Strandberg Boden 7 clone

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Walterson

Reaction score
....You should consider taking a few commissions, I'm sure people would line up.....

You really could make a career out of this man!

Thanks for your encouragement! I really appreciate it.

Somebody said in Germany the 600 page biography of Steve Jobs would have ended on page two with the words "and today the commercial regulatory authority came by...."

Sounds like a joke but it isn't. :wallbash:

I thought about lutherie as a job quite a while and still do sometimes. Maybe I'll start a "small business" in future and build guitars part time. But I'm not shure about it yet.

Walterson

Reaction score
I always get so excited when I see this thread bumped by you walt haha

*bump* :D

Final sanding is done! I have blackened the pickup cavities (looks cleaner once the Alumitones are mounted) and added some brass screw inserts for PU height adjustment too...

rgh7.jpg

gebn.jpg

and on went some oil..... I have oiled quite a few guitars before, but man did the color of the figured apple wood pop!

3mzg.jpg

tocs.jpg

access oil rubed down after ~20minutes:
uhxb.jpg

swze.jpg

ajc3.jpg

xnvt.jpg

6f89.jpg

two more coats to go...

Not to bad for a Muesli-caster, eh? ;)

Just A Box

Reaction score
I, too, check this thread daily, its that inspiring. That neck is so appealing looking from both sides that I just want to take a bite out of each side. I need to get going on another build (#2) and then take bold shot at something like this (especially considering I'll never afford a Boden Chris Letchford model.

Allealex

Reaction score
As mentioned before: man you really have to take orders, your work is absolutely flawless and you're also pretty fast!

Walterson

Reaction score
@all: Thanks!

Only 3 coats of oil on this?

Yes, but I do not use a "typical" lutherie oil. I have tried many different oiles and found a "heavy duty" oil/wax mixture which is thought to be used on wooden floors in public buildings. It's a film building oil and it does it pretty fast. The wood is almost completely sealed after the first coat, the following coats already start to build up.
The manufaturer states that 3 coats are enough for wooden floors. I do not plan to walk on this guitar - thats why three coats are plenty enough....

Carver

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
Reaction score
dude, you are one hell of a skilled worker.. very very nice to see the assembly like this and the differences in approaches, but the out come is just amazing. love that neck heel and the neck over all, great choices on some nice woods too. this is too cool.

thanks for sharing man

dudeskin

Reaction score
Hay dude. Did you just email ola for permission? How did you get the template plan etc?
This has inspired me to do it now. I have a boden already, but id love to make my own.

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
@all: Thanks!

Yes, but I do not use a "typical" lutherie oil. I have tried many different oiles and found a "heavy duty" oil/wax mixture which is thought to be used on wooden floors in public buildings. It's a film building oil and it does it pretty fast. The wood is almost completely sealed after the first coat, the following coats already start to build up.
The manufaturer states that 3 coats are enough for wooden floors. I do not plan to walk on this guitar - thats why three coats are plenty enough....

I read that post in the voice of Ron Swanson.

Berti_smb

Grindmachine
Reaction score
I asked you once if you want to build my guitar, you declined...now if you start a small business consider me as one of yours future customers :)

Latest posts

')