Homefront

• Thread starter philkilla
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh yeah another thing that bugs me about this is if I spend my battlepoints on the UAV controllable helicopter with ROCKETS on it, how the fuck are these guys taking 4-6 direct hits from a damn ROCKET and not dying?! :realmad: I'm talking dead-on shots! GRRR!!!! :mad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
is it really the snipers fault that he just raped the whole team going 42-3? lol
i'd blame it more on the teams/players bad tactits mostly.
i get what you mean though, as I have been both the sniper raping people, AND the turd who keeps ramboing back and getting killed.

If the guy has skill that's one thing. If the dude is a cheesy camper who just takes pot shots the entire game and hides in his corner, I can't stand that shit. You can be a tactical sniper but for the love of pete move around a little! :rofl: I just hate how unbalanced sniping is in some games. :shrug:

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, some games make the vantage points WAY too high and make detection too difficult. Also, I just got done going 15 - 3. :flex:

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
To the OP: I can understand not liking it, as most of what you described was a matter of taste and tolerance for some things being "off". The one thing I don't understand is the hit detection thing. It's balls on IMO. Zero issue.

s_the_fallen

Contributor
Reaction score
You know its one thing to post a review and another to type in all caps DO NOT BUY HOMEFRONT. Just because you do not like the game does not mean other people will not. My close friend spent 3 years working non stop on Homefront. How would you like it if you spent 3 years working on an album and someone who did not enjoy your music tried to boycott it? Not very cool right?

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
To the OP: I can understand not liking it, as most of what you described was a matter of taste and tolerance for some things being "off". The one thing I don't understand is the hit detection thing. It's balls on IMO. Zero issue.

Yeah I agree the DETECTION is very accurate (reminds me of BF in that respect as well). My biggest issue is the damage doesn't seem equal on some of the weapons. :scratch:

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I agree the DETECTION is very accurate (reminds me of BF in that respect as well). My biggest issue is the damage doesn't seem equal on some of the weapons. :scratch:

Yeah, SMGs are pretty much useless at any range in multiplayer. If you're close enough to use it, you're within melee range.

EDIT: I fuck some shit up with the pistol, however. :lol:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Haha yeah I got a nice pistol headshot earlier while the noob was reloading! :lol: Also one thing that is throwing me off, does your rank reset every time you leave and reopen the game? I was up to rank 7, turned off the game, came back after I had breakfast and I was back to rank 1? It their ranking system session-based? :scratch:

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
I just played some more this morning. There are some laggy servers out there so that does make it painful and it's annoying that you can't check your connection and score in the respawn screen. So if you have 1 red bar you might as well just leave and go to another server.

It was much easier to get into a game today. The assault rifles and smgs pretty much feel the same to me so far which is a shame. I've started to mess around with the drones more. The wolverine is kinda fun but not very fast and the Parrot is kinda neat to fly and you can rack up decent points by spotting enemies and more if they are killed.

All in all it's just kinda of a filler game until BF3 and a distraction from BLOPS.

I do still like most the maps but can see then Snipers ruining a bunch of them real quick.

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
Sure am glad the mods still have a sense of humor around here....or they are serious bitchy fanbois.

You tell me.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Sure am glad the mods still have a sense of humor around here....or they are serious bitchy fanbois.

You tell me.

Did you see the post a few above? He makes a good point, the title was inflammatory and the ALL CAPZORS! threads are kinda silly. ;)

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You know... I was content to just tell you to 'fuck off' at first but that's not the way I usually mod, so we'll get into it...

The thread title was ALL CAPS which is against the rule. I didn't really notice at first. We disagreed on how good/bad the game is, but I recognized most of your points were at least valid. Only one person in this thread actually trashed you on your opinion... everyone else has had at least some degree of agreement or disagreement. Civil.

Then S came in, turned my attention to the thread title. The CAPS had to go and I thought the thread title was a little inflammatory, especially considering the game had a mixed reaction at best. I changed the thread title specifically to what I did because I was trying to be funny; if I was trying to just change it to something PC, I'd have set it to "Homefront" and that's it.

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I do appreciate you not telling me to fuck off. I am a long time member and I have contributed to the site as well among other things.

I forgot about the all caps rule. My bad; I was a little irate after getting bum-raped for $40 after returning the game last night and I felt like sharing it.

BTW, if you are a fanboy...don't be. I respect you enough to be civil, and this is my human opinion.

Fanboys...are lame.

ImpendingDoom

Reaction score
I'm usually pretty tolerant of bad games but this game sucked all around, except for the story line. I thought a game about North Korean occupation of the US was FANTASTIC for a game. Especially coming from the mind of a guy like John Milius. But the gameplay was slow, graphics were circa 2005 at VERY BEST. Everything about this game was boring, slow, and just dumb. I mean come one, the AI stands behind a cardboard box and you can't kill him through it? Lazy THQ. Obviously, in 2033 the worlds advancments in shipping has skyrocketed. No need for shipping insurance because we have indestructible boxes! Also, the campaign was way too short and uneventful. I preordered it and I was incredibly excited, but I forgot one thing, it's an FPS, by THQ. Should've seen this coming. THQ doesn't fare to well with these. I do love their other games though. If you think that this was a good game, you're crazy. This game gets a D+ at very, very, VERY BEST. I'm not complaining about hit recognition, lag, anything network related. I thought the online gameplay was boring but not glitchy.

Rant Breakdown:
Gameplay---- D
Online--------D
Graphics------F
Story-------- A+ (great potential)

While the story is great, if you don't have good gameplay to carry you through the story, it's worth nothing. I returned this game after 1 day and got 22 bucks from Gamestop and wasn't even mad. I wouldve paid them to take it.

Also, for the record, THQ's stock dropped 20-22% the DAY AFTER the launch.

There's my rant, do with it what you will.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Online play reminds me very much of Battlefield, with the bonuses of stuff like drones to keep things interesting. I can't really agree that the online portion of the game deserves a "D" rating at all, I'm liking it quite a bit! :rofl:

')