Hooking up some monitors

• Thread starter phantom911
  • Start date
  • Tags
    krk
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

phantom911

Reaction score
I just ordered a pair of KRK Rokit 6 monitors to replace some really shitty computer speakers i had :hbang:
616094.jpg
Does anyone know if they come with the cables to hook them up, or do i have to get those separately?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hawkevil

Toast Wiper
Reaction score
I think you should ask the place you are purchasing from. Not all monitors come with speaker cables. I know mine didn't.

Zak1233

Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't get any cables to hook my KRK's up. You should go out and buy two tsr cables so you can use them when they come. You could use normal guitar leads until you get trs cables but its best just to get em before hand IMO.

Hawkevil

Toast Wiper
Reaction score
I was under the impression that instrument cables can't cope with the power so they burn up quickly. Proper speaker calbes are the only option IMO.

Zak1233

Contributor
Reaction score
I used guitar cables for mine for a week until I got trs cables :) But as I said, it's best just to get the trs cables first so you can have everything up and runing straight away without having to go out n buy stuff again.

phantom911

Reaction score
I wasn't sure if KRK just includes them with their monitors, hoping for a little too much lol. What would be a decent set of cables to get, budget around $50. They are only going to have to be a couple feet long each

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
^ Those will do you fine. I believe these monitors also take XLR input so if your interface/mixer outputs XLR then you can use that. Or XLR>TRS cable whichever you find first.

Zak1233

Contributor
Reaction score
Yip they do, which means you could always go for a xlr>trs or vice versa if you wanted, its just personal preferance :)

phantom911

Reaction score
I was planning on hooking them up to my Toneport UX2, so i am going to have to get some TRS cables

Yip they do, which means you could always go for a xlr>trs or vice versa if you wanted, its just personal preferance :)

Have you noticed any difference in sound quality with both?

Sora01

¯\(°_o)/¯
Reaction score
I was told the cables are very important, i was acctually also told the best you can get is by buying your own cable and your own trs and xlr heads, making it yourself, it's apparently alot cheaper too, I just went for the best i could though (the most expensive).

Zak1233

Contributor
Reaction score
I was planning on hooking them up to my Toneport UX2, so i am going to have to get some TRS cables

Have you noticed any difference in sound quality with both?
From the people I know and from what I've heard, people tend to use xlr from the monitor to xlr or trs into the mixer/DI box or w/e your plugging it into.
I use trs and find the sound quality perfect! As I said it's just all preference really, the monitors will still sound great :)

I <3 KRK's :wub:

:lol: