Hooray for actual decent metal test! (LE456, s2.0/slate, attention grabber)

• Thread starter feeleuphoria
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

feeleuphoria

Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

308sc

Reaction score
unique tone, but sounds good, I like it!

Nice work! :metal:

Psyy

The Care Cup's Empty
Reaction score
I actually really like this. Tone might be SLIGHTLY (ever so slightly) too fuzzy for my taste, but it's better than anything I can seem to come up with. Good stuff man.

feeleuphoria

Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys! :) and I'm going to update this soon because I went back and listened to it a sec ago with headphones an the guitars sound pretty bad. Lol I've got to quit mixing with these shitty monitors lol

Th3 Beyond

Reaction score
The guitar tone sounds really digital and somewhat fizzy. Try some different impulses.

Sounds good other then that.

Reaction score
Very nice, maybe bring down the guitars slightly. I like the spongy saturated quality it has.

feeleuphoria

Reaction score
Thanks guys!! i really appreciate all the feedback :D i have been a huge fan of your mixes Icon for a while so it really means a lot!

but i do have one more update! I want that more "polished or pro" sound. Am i gettting there?

I worked more on getting rid of the "fizz" of the guitars, fixed up my bass tone a bit and brought it up some, worked a little on the drums but not too much, and just worked with volumes. I am trying to get everything to industry standards like -10rms without clipping. It's kinda tough lol

oh and i added some synth at the beginning for flavor! :)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2255790/Sevenstring.org forums/melo metalcore snpmod2.mp3

Fred

Reaction score
That third one is definitely the best so far, couldn't give any tips on where to go next, other than to say that I personally prefer a bit more high-end bite on the distorted guitars.

feeleuphoria

Reaction score

poxxxy

Reaction score
Sounds pretty sick mate! Love the harmonic bit... 4th mix is better could maybe turn the bass up? Going to turn my speakers up for a listen lol.

poxxxy

Reaction score
Actually ignore me, bass is fine! I love it all! Using Lecab 456? what impulse did you settle on and what guitar are you playing!? lol

teqnick

The only person that liked the new Faceless album
Reaction score
Really enjoyed it man. You really nailed a sweet tone on the latest version. A bit more than halfway through when you have the semi clean break, i think some ambient keys in the background would sound sweet. Maybe something you could toy with. Either way, this is awesome man!:yesway:

Reaction score
Last one you posted sounds MUCH better than the first. Good work!

feeleuphoria

Reaction score
aww thanks a lot fellas! :wub: yes, using le456 for both guitars. Catharsis s-preshigh impulse for both and im using my jackson RR3 7-string with dimarzio blaze in the bridge and liquifire in the neck :hbang:

thanks for all the love guys!

')