Hooray Multiculturalism! 0_o (Islamophobic content)

• Thread starter ivancic1al
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AySay

Banned
Reaction score
Really? Because of some ignorant retards who make up a miniscule minority of the population?

It's not a "miniscule minority of the population". America is on a disgusting downward spiral, a horrific fall from grace. Excuse the dramatics, but it's true.
These freaks are basically saying what half of your idiot population thinks.

You are a country where people support cutting education spending to reduce deficits but support illegal, unnecessary mindbogglingly expensive wars. A country where people scream about the upholding constitution, and then protest the building of a mosque in New York. A country where "liberal" and "progressive" are thrown around like insults. A country where large sections of the population believe Obama is not a US citizen, that Sarah Palin would be a better president.

Of course there are wonderful, kind, intelligent people all over America, but they are overshadowed by these idiots, who are clearly a growing section of the population.

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
Wow, the comments in this thread make my head hurt... :noplease: And make me ashamed to be an American Citizen too, but for very different reasons.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
It's not a "miniscule minority of the population". America is on a disgusting downward spiral, a horrific fall from grace. Excuse the dramatics, but it's true.
These freaks are basically saying what half of your idiot population thinks.

You are a country where people support cutting education spending to reduce deficits but support illegal, unnecessary mindbogglingly expensive wars. A country where people scream about the upholding constitution, and then protest the building of a mosque in New York. A country where "liberal" and "progressive" are thrown around like insults. A country where large sections of the population believe Obama is not a US citizen, that Sarah Palin would be a better president.

Of course there are wonderful, kind, intelligent people all over America, but they are overshadowed by these idiots, who are clearly a growing section of the population.

Nope. Sorry, dude. It's an extremely small minority. You know why you hear about them more than the reasonable people? Because they make for better programming. These idiots overshadow the others, of course, but certainly not because they outnumber them.

I had SO MUCH more typed out, but I don't really think I could've kept any of it without sounding like I'm attacking you personally, so it won't stay. I'll just end in saying you're wrong. You couldn't be more wrong. The only people who believe the things you do are non-Americans and the minority Americans who are firmly lodged in the far reaches of political extremism.

Mettle209

Reaction score
I've been at rallies where neo-Nazis have been chanting for foreigners to go home... and they were joined by Native Americans, who pointed at the neo-Nazis while chanting the same thing.

I would pay to see that

Mettle209

Reaction score
My buddy and I were talking about it a few minutes ago, and I decided that I want to find another one of these rallies, hire a bunch of Native Americans to yell at the white people and tell them to go home. :lol: Same principle applies.

I would just love for some Neo-Nazis to tell me to go home. I would look at them and say "My father, my grandfather, and my uncles were gurella soldiers allied with the U.S. during the Vietnam War and the Secret War in Laos. They saved countles American lives (your daddy and granddaddy too perhaps) and now the Communist Laos goverment will chop me up to pieces if I go back home. Now what?"
Mettle209 = Hmong American (Take a look at the history that you don't like to see)

Abandoned by friends and hunted by foes, the Hmong people are probably one of the few people who have the right to terrorize everyone. (I say this sarcastically and don't you jerks report me to Homeland Security, lol. I cannot go a day without playing guitar.)

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
For those who feel ashamed, for whatever reason, here's my thoughts.

If you are ashamed because these people are embarrassing, then be sure to let them know when you encounter them. That kind of shame is waht led to, for example, the end of McCarthyism.

If you are ashamed because you feel that more Americans should feel like those in the video, and you feel that it's embarrassing that so many Americans instead are open-minded and welcoming, then feel free to feel that way. The steady evolution of the United States, though, has been in the direction of more acceptance and recognition of the rights of everyone. However, although you may feel embarrassed or ashamed at the US for continually changing toward that embracing of everyone, keep in mind that your ideas are out of step.

Any argument which could have been made to justify keeping the institution of slavery, for example, just fails. That's why they often fail to gain traction once that becomes apparent, like in the case of why tradition should be used as an argument to both keep slaves, keep blacks from marrying whites, and to keep a consenting adult from either serving in the military or from marrying another consenting adult....

Mettle209

Reaction score
If you are ashamed because you feel that more Americans should feel like those in the video, and you feel that it's embarrassing that so many Americans instead are open-minded and welcoming, then feel free to feel that way. The steady evolution of the United States, though, has been in the direction of more acceptance and recognition of the rights of everyone. However, although you may feel embarrassed or ashamed at the US for continually changing toward that embracing of everyone, keep in mind that your ideas are out of step.

Good point. The beauty of democracy (ideally) is that we can "agree to disagree" without having to chop off heads (no offense intended to my French friends).

Mettle209

Reaction score
If you are an ethnic person living in America, I do not see how this video and the comments made by the individuals in this video irregardless of who their target is does not hurt or affect you as well.

I am Asian American and if you have read my earlier posts, you would know that I did not willingly and freely volunteer to imigrate to the U.S. Due to circumstances out of my control, I am here and sadly I have encountereed enough racism to last me a lifetime.

Have you ever had to physically defend yourself just for being non-White? The last time I had to defend myself, I and a few freinds of mine (Asian Americans as well) had to fight off three to four car loads of White Supremists in East Sacaramento, California. The whole incident started with a "Go back home you chink." Fists flew, cars smashed, bottles thrown everywhere, but luckily no one was seriously hurt on either side. Ironically, these "White" kids were or are sons of recent Russian imigrants into the Eastern part of Sacramento.

Those "Go back home" and "Your not welcome here" hurts when you have heard and felt them all of your life and it hurts even more when good people do not boldly take a stand against it.

Waelstrum

All Fourths Advocate
Reaction score
I actually feel sorry for the protesters: they truly believe that what they're doing is right. They have no idea of their own douchebaggery, and I don't think that their (clearly inferior) minds could understand, even if it was explained carefully and thoroughly.

Maybe, if we round up all the racists, and segregate society so that us open minded people don't have to put up with the filth that spills from these inferior scum, the world would be a better place.

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
I actually feel sorry for the protesters: they truly believe that what they're doing is right.

...Maybe, if we round up all the racists, and segregate society so that us open minded people don't have to put up with the filth that spills from these inferior scum, the world would be a better place.

One can feel sorry for all kinds of people. I can only imagine what led Dahmer and John Wayne Gacy to be the kinds of fucked up people they turned out to be.

However, as you note, there can definitely be a difference between feeling sorry for someone and thereby forgiving their behaviour. Unlike ideas promulgated by some who advocated for going after thought-crimes ("Dissent is terror!"), only an actual act, or advocating the immediate execution of such an act, can be acted on....

As for rounding up those with whom one disagrees... until they actually act out, the only thing to be done is to confront their ideas and point out where those ideas go wrong.

Meshugger

Reaction score
I actually feel sorry for the protesters: they truly believe that what they're doing is right. They have no idea of their own douchebaggery, and I don't think that their (clearly inferior) minds could understand, even if it was explained carefully and thoroughly.

Maybe, if we round up all the racists, and segregate society so that us open minded people don't have to put up with the filth that spills from these inferior scum, the world would be a better place.

That would be a quite interesting scenario, since the asians and arabs that i've met really do hate black people. Ironically enough, rounding up racists from all over the world would be the biggest multicultural experiment yet ;)

As for the video, meh. If I were an american, i wouldn't be ashamed of the yahoos in the crowd. They're a minority that no one should be bothered by. I would be more ashamed about how the people on Wall Street, the Congress and the White house conned me and my children of trillions of dollars without anyone getting a single sentence.

Waelstrum

All Fourths Advocate
Reaction score
Ok... I was trying to ironically use themes and ideas (such as the inferior/superior mindset) that one generally only sees in racist posts in a post advocating multiculturalism as a sort of 'let's see how they like it' thing, but people took me seriously.

I do actually pity the people that are unaware of the wrong in their actions, though. I don't like them, or condone these protests by any means. But I do think it's sad that they don't even know what they're doing.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I have zero sympathy for them, but I've never suffered fools lightly.

It bothers me to the point of nearly upsetting me that these people are so fucking stupid.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
As I've always said, the problem with Freedom of Speech is stupid people.

People like these are sub-humans and they really do give Americans a bad name all over the world.

But we're so apathetic in North America. Never do anything about anything. Which can be good most problems will eventually solve themselves (although the whole Political Correctness thing is sure taking it's sweet time) but stupid has been around a long time and doesn't seem like it's going anywhere soon.

I'm also not sure how to fix that? Education seems to have failed.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Of the 7 billion people in this world, most deserve to die. For me, such hate and idiocy holds us back as a society and should be weeded out like a cancer and removed. Maybe it's harsh, but I agree to an extent with the saying 'if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all'. Opinion are one thing, hateful attacks are another.

Meshugger

Reaction score
"sub-humans", "deserving to die"? Careful there, i think that Nietzsche said it the best:

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Furthermore, wishing for political correctness to cure racism is counter-productive because it is the anti-thesis of having a free society, since it by itself is against freedom of expression. Personally, i think that racism will erode with the rise of free trade between nations, since it creates a counter-dependability between different people.

Finally, fellow debaters, if you truly want to make a difference, you will not win anyone over to your opinion by ridiculing their ideas or character :)

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
Self for filling prophecy much? by showing so much hate towards these people, especially the young, it just influences them to rebel and kick against what is happening against them. In many cases by becoming and extremist...

It's happening in the UK as well with the BNP and EDF setting up rallys and protests against muslim events

')