Horizon Devices Preamp Pedal

• Thread starter Vyn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
It'll probably be too pricey for me to care about. I'm sure it'll sell well, and I could see there being a version II after user feedback.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
It'll probably be too pricey for me to care about. I'm sure it'll sell well, and I could see there being a version II after user feedback.

One of the questions on the survey was pricing (How much would you pay, cheaper = less features, more expensive = more features) and from memory the price ranged from $249US to $369US.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bearitone

Reaction score
I suggested building in a clean preamp with a fixed EQ like the AMT Legend2 pedals.

Does the fixed EQ suck? Yes but at least you get a clean channel that’ll get the job done without having to add a separate preamp pedal to your board.

Bearitone

Reaction score
One of the questions on the survey was pricing (How much would you pay, cheaper = less features, more expensive = more features) and from memory the price ranged from $249US to $369US.

I just said the highest price. I would rather them make something really great, a possible all-in-one solution, for an extra $60.

If i can truly ditch my gate and OD it will be worth it

Spinedriver

Reaction score
I'm guessing that if they needed the kind of noise gate Misha was describing, this isn't going to be just an "od" pedal, it's probably going to have some pretty serious gain to it.
I suggested that it be a "dual" pedal like the Fulltone pedals where there's both a 'boost' side and main 'pre amp' side that can be used independently of each other. I'd say that $299 would put it in line with most of the 'higher end' distortion pedals like the Empress Heavy, Tightmetal, etc... More than that & I can see people taking a pass.

lewis

Reaction score
is this designed to pair with the Precision drive, or is it going to be alot more money and basically include a version of the PD built in?

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
is this designed to pair with the Precision drive, or is it going to be alot more money and basically include a version of the PD built in?

I think it's going to be designed as a preamp pedal that can be directly fed out to -insert line level- device here. It might have some sort of boost built in but my guess is that will be dependent on the amount of features people are willing to pay for. Can't see them building the PD into it, that wouldn't make any sense.

lewis

Reaction score
I think it's going to be designed as a preamp pedal that can be directly fed out to -insert line level- device here. It might have some sort of boost built in but my guess is that will be dependent on the amount of features people are willing to pay for. Can't see them building the PD into it, that wouldn't make any sense.
sweet so PD > this preamp > power?

Sounds a pretty rad little setup.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
sweet so PD > this preamp > power?

Sounds a pretty rad little setup.

That's what I'm hoping for. PD > Apex > Powerstage 170 has the potential to be a sick compact rig.

lewis

Reaction score
That's what I'm hoping for. PD > Apex > Powerstage 170 has the potential to be a sick compact rig.
yeah it really does. Shame the PD didnt have that latching footswitch feature that the Fortin 33 had. Because turning off the PD would then automatically change to the clean tone on the Apex?
could of been nice but still.

Love those powerstages. If I wasnt going FRFR route with my future Ax8, i would have gotten one and a monitor cab for stage sound.
But alas im not so.

bulb

Reaction score
Also, this pedal will definitely not need a PD in front of it to sound tight, but the PD does play well with it, so I could see people who happen to own the PD already using the two together!

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
So will it be kind of 5150 flavored or something totally different? Or is that still up in the air at the moment?

Bearitone

Reaction score
I just hope it sounds fackin evil. Stoked to hear a demo

Beheroth

Reaction score
i was expecting this to be like a darkglass for guitar kind of meme, but it lacks an xlr out and some control over the mids, lo and hi mid controls would have been nice or at least a semi para mid control.

looks like they went for the lower price and less options
giphy.gif

also no fx loop