Horizon Devices Preamp Pedal

• Thread starter Vyn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
Preorders went live on July 28th.
I ordered on July 28th.
Haven’t seen any shipping info yet.

Reaction score
Alright just got mine hooked up to my Kemper...

Love my tone with my Kemper so I was going to cancel the Apex. But I decided to keep my pre-order and holy fucking shit I'm glad I did. This thing sounds BEASTLY.

wespaul

Octaves of Manhattan
Reaction score
Hey dude, had words with John, sorry about that, your pedal will go out tomorrow!

We are upgrading your shopping to expedited as well!

Thanks for connecting with John. After waiting all day for a shipping update, I had to contact him yet again to be told that, basically, it didn’t ship out and is now due to ship out Monday.

I know your name is attached to this, and it probably sucks hearing issues like this, but this is incredibly frustrating knowing my buddy ordered his a week ago, was told he was in the second batch, and he is now at home playing with it. While I’m sitting here, preordered months ago, constantly getting the run-around.

I’ll deal with a couple errors here and there, but this has been a constant issue from day one. I’ve decided against purchasing the nano because of how I’ve been dealt with, and as excited as I’ve been for news about future pedals (the rumors of an ambient pedal, in particular), I’ve lost confidence in the company and will take future business elsewhere. Thank you for trying, though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bulb

Reaction score
Thanks for connecting with John. After waiting all day for a shipping update, I had to contact him yet again to be told that, basically, it didn’t ship out and is now due to ship out Monday.

I know your name is attached to this, and it probably sucks hearing issues like this, but this is incredibly frustrating knowing my buddy ordered his a week ago, was told he was in the second batch, and he is now at home playing with it. While I’m sitting here, preordered months ago, constantly getting the run-around.

I’ll deal with a couple errors here and there, but this has been a constant issue from day one. I’ve decided against purchasing the nano because of how I’ve been dealt with, and as excited as I’ve been for news about future pedals (the rumors of an ambient pedal, in particular), I’ve lost confidence in the company and will take future business elsewhere. Thank you for trying, though.

I understand your frustration dude, I’m sorry we couldn’t do more to get it out to you. I just hope you love the pedal when you get it and that hopefully softens the blow.

We have had a few crises on the backend setting up with this new fulfillment company and also with the weather not playing nice that really had us way further on our back foot than any of us would have liked. At any rate I appreciate your patience thus far!

bracky

Contributor
Reaction score
John told me mine would ship yesterday. It didn’t. I was also a day one preorder.

It’s not a huge deal but the fullfilment company needs a talking to I think. :D

Last edited:

bulb

Reaction score
John told me mine would ship yesterday. It didn’t. I was also a day one preorder.

It’s not a huge deal but the fullfilment company needs a talking to I think. :D

To be a bit more transparent, we switched shops and fulfillment between preorder launch and now and this ended up causing a massive problem with a lot of orders at the last minute to where John has to manually fulfill hundreds of orders.

This is why things aren’t necessarily in order, and it’s definitely annoying on all ends but we are still learning and will make sure we don’t have this problem again!

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Yea I contacted John and he said he saw my order on the backend, and it should ship friday (yesterday) but I didnt receive any tracking #/emails yet.. Hopefully monday!

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
If it’s not in your spam, email help@horizondevices.com and we will get this sorted out!

I emailed John and he sent my tracking number saying the Apex was delivered to my mailbox. What?? So first opportunity I get, I check and...sure as shit, there it is! Sweet! I guess tracking was just never sent out, but I can deal with that. The Apex is in hand! I’ll try it out a little later today. Thanks Misha!

bulb

Reaction score
Now I’m feeling bad for poor John. Lol

Thanks for the explanation. You rock man! \m/

It's been a rough week for him for sure, but this is also his job haha.
What sucks is that even with the internal backend issues, we would have been on time if it hadn't been for this weather as our pedals got stuck for a while just on the way to fulfillment...

Bearitone

Reaction score
Crazy weird there’s an Apex preamp for sale used at my local GC

bracky

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh I will.

Something I’m wondering. Is this device digital? Like does it use modeling such as a Mooer micro preamp or is it clipping diodes and such?

Bearitone

Reaction score
Oh I will.

Something I’m wondering. Is this device digital? Like does it use modeling such as a Mooer micro preamp or is it clipping diodes and such?

Nope. All analog

If you’re worried that’ll effect sound quality, don’t. Modeling is not needed to make a great solidstate preamp

bulb

Reaction score
My Apex is finally arriving today. :)

Any tips or tricks to get the best sound out of it?
Just start with everything at noon and tweak to taste, don’t be afraid to use extreme settings if you think it sounds good, we designed the range of controls to always sound good!