Horizon Devices Preamp Pedal

• Thread starter Vyn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bracky

Contributor
Reaction score
The last mile is always the longest. Delivery delayed until tomorrow. Living in the middle of nowhere does have some disadvantages I guess. :)

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
heads up to Canadians - expect to pay customs.. mine is $70 cdn in customs. Also took a LONG time for shipping, since I was in that first batch and it's only arriving hopefully tomorrow? Maybe snowstorms had a part in that, but customs held it at least a week too. Hope its worth the wait/price!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bracky

Contributor
Reaction score
It’s a killer preamp once you get it. I’m having a lot of fun with mine. Going from guitar-apex-mooer radar-scarllet it produces a fantastic range of tones.

bulb

Reaction score
heads up to Canadians - expect to pay customs.. mine is $70 cdn in customs. Also took a LONG time for shipping, since I was in that first batch and it's only arriving hopefully tomorrow? Maybe snowstorms had a part in that, but customs held it at least a week too. Hope its worth the wait/price!
Unfortunately with Customs it's a crapshoot. Sometimes you get hit, sometimes you don't. Either way I hope that you love the pedal!

btbg

Reaction score
I actually inquired with Horizon and they advised me that if I request my apex to be shipped USPS that's do able. That way you won't be hit with FedEx ridiculous customs charges.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
wish I knew USPS was an option back then.. I dont even think it said FedEx on the website when I ordered, just "shipping". I'd be more hesitant to order if I knew it was fedex from the start =[

That being said, it is a good pedal. It is dead simple to use, and sounds great. Do I like it more than my AxeFX II or even Atomic Amplifire? I dunno.. (I know it wasnt made to compete vs them) but I'll probably keep it around in case I start up a smaller pedalboard - if this was a $150 pedal, it'd be a slamdunk.. I don't really buy pedals much though so maybe $300+ is the standard rates for preamp pedals these days.