Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
So I get a phone call today, a friend invites me to come and check a couple Gretch guitars he received....

5 of them in different finishes and colours....

They sell them for 6'300 USD here in switzerland :hbang:

Well check this out, 4 of them had this bridge problem :noway:

:barf:

32254adde7ec956fd.jpg

32254adde7eced362.jpg

32254adde7ed3f1fc.jpg

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
:eek: :noplease: Thats not cool at all. These are all new?!?! What the hell is going on today with large guitar companies? Don't they believe in quality any more.

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
Brand new, and they sell for the price I mentioned :noplease:

Its not wood warping because you can clearly see that the bridge was not even fit to the arch on the top :noway::noway::noway:

Sroth Saraiel

BC Rich 7 Strings :)
Reaction score
I don't know if these were posted, but just in case:

this 7 string:

alien%20%281%29.JPG

this reversed explorer:

xrfb.jpg

mmm:

tail%20%281%29.JPG

The 7 string "iceman"

DeIcer%20%281%29.JPG

and this:

RR%20%281%29.JPG

SD83

Reaction score
Me too. The reversed Explorer looks OK to me, too...
The bridge problem on the Gretsch: I guess I would have been disappointed to see that on a guitar for 630$, but on a 6300$ guitar... whoever is responsible for that deserves to get all those guitars smashed on his head.

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
Me too. The reversed Explorer looks OK to me, too...
The bridge problem on the Gretsch: I guess I would have been disappointed to see that on a guitar for 630$, but on a 6300$ guitar... whoever is responsible for that deserves to get all those guitars smashed on his head.

But they wont fire him because probably he is not even a guitar tech and they pay him a cheap salary for doing that :)

They are probably smoking pot in the worshops all day....

Wonderfull world in which we live :)

:hbang:

ellengtrgrl

Reaction score
So I get a phone call today, a friend invites me to come and check a couple Gretch guitars he received....

5 of them in different finishes and colours....

They sell them for 6'300 USD here in switzerland :hbang:

Well check this out, 4 of them had this bridge problem :noway:

:barf:

32254adde7ec956fd.jpg

32254adde7eced362.jpg

32254adde7ed3f1fc.jpg

Yeah, that rosewood bridge brace is screwed up, and I've heard of that happening to some Gretsches - in the Electromatic Series. It should have been returned for warranty repair work.

Patrick, that is not a $6300 guitar. Is that a typo, and as a result, did you really mean $630? That is a Gretsch Electromatic, G5120. I can tell by the pickups on it - they are the Gretschbuckers, which are only installed in the lower end Gretsches. The higher end Gretsches use Filtertron humbuckers (or some variation of them, like the Powertrons), HiLoTrons (a vintage, low output single coil pickup), or Dynasonics (single coils that have more output and beef to them soundwise, than a Fender single coil, and have at least as much output as a P-90). The Electromatics are not the same as the higher end Proline Series guitars (my Gretsch G6196 Country club is from the Proline series). The Prolines are made in Japan, mainly by Terada, with some being made by Fuji Gen Gakki. The Electromatics are made either in Korea, or China. The Electromatic G5120 is about a $700 guitar (it used to be about a $500-$550 before a price increas a few months ago) in the solid color finishes they typically come in.

The one in your photo, is a semi-custom Electromatic G5120, that has hand painted hot-rod type pinstriping, that Gretsch is offering this year. The price IIRC is about $900-$1000 (I think they were about $650 or $700 before Gretsch's price increase a few months ago). Frankly, many of us who play Gretsches think the pinstriped 5120 is overpriced and then some. There is nothing special about it, other than handpainted pinstripes on the body. Unfortunately, this one also has a screwed up bridge.

The only Gretsches that would cost $6,300, would be ones made in Fender's custom shop for Gretsch (Fender handles all production and marketing details for Gretsch family, who own the company), or vintage ones.

Just my :2c:
Ellen

P.S. - here's what mine looks like (the photo was taken in my office at work, shortly after the guitar arrived via UPS). The guitar is a G6196 Country Club, and is a part of Gretsch's Proline Series of guitars.

G6196CountryClub.jpg

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
No its not a mistake, they are all listed at that price in that guitar shop but this would not suprise me because he is also ripping off people :noway:

And if you watch on internet some prices, most of them are around 4000$ which would make sens for the swiss prices which are much much more expensive then the US prices...

A Les Paul custom over here is listed at 5'700$

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.
')