Status
Not open for further replies.

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
According to french forums, those guitars are pure win and gorgeous, most of them go in gorgeous guitars thread... :bowdown:

wbig.jpg

oval.jpg

bikini13.jpg

bat2.jpg

rock609.jpg

02.jpg

waid2.jpg

maple1.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
The sound's usually amazing, but some of the finishes James has concocted just look like... well, a particularly alcohol driven party's result at around 6am in the morning. :lol:

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
I do admit that the James Tyler headstock are pretty horrid.
But some of their finishes are absolutely incredible :bowdown:

ellengtrgrl

Reaction score

Yeoww!!! That's an insane price for a 5120!! Especially one that's screwed up. Cream City Music (which is a major Gretsch dealer, and is local for me [about 10 km away]) is asking $850 USD for the same guitar, and that's only because of the stupid pinstriping on it.

http://creamcitymusic.com/p-43940-gretsch-g5120bk-electromatic-blue-custom.aspx

My 6196 Country Club (which is a Proline model) is new old stock, and I paid $1500 for it. You can get some Proline Gretsches for as cheap as $1300 or $1500, if you shop around, and they're much better than the Electromatic series your screwed up 5120 is from.

I've heard of inflated prices, but that is beyond ridiculous!

Please, don't assume all Gretsches are as bad quality-wise, and crazy price-wise, as the 5120 you've cited.

phaeded0ut

droooooneeeeeeeee!
Reaction score
Those French "WIN" guitars were truly painful. I just don't think that there are enough hallucinogenics in the world to make them look good. When will folks realize that they can't slap random things together and think that they're Ulrich Teuffel?

The birdfish and Tesla are actually really impressive playing and sounding instruments, but they are a bit little bit different.

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
There are some absolutely gorgeous Tylers out there indeed, although I have to confess it took me some 2 years to learn how to contain my gag reflex regarding the headstock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')