courtney2018

Contributor
Reaction score
wtf, a 12 in line headstock :lol:

i dont know....
000017062.jpg

:yesway:

Oivey.jpg

Seriously....what sick person thought this was cool?

I don't know if these were posted, but just in case:

this 7 string:

alien%20%281%29.JPG

this reversed explorer:

xrfb.jpg

mmm:

tail%20%281%29.JPG

The 7 string "iceman"

DeIcer%20%281%29.JPG

and this:

RR%20%281%29.JPG

I had a customer over the summer that wanted a race car guitar, but it was a side profile and not at an angle like that one. Previously I had done a '57 Chevy the same way for him. They turned out great, but not something that I would want to buy. The idea behind it was he wanted to go to the race teams to get licensed to paint them up like a team's race car and sell them. Could be some good money for me, but I don't see many people wanting to buy them.

I designed the body so that it would fit Epiphone Les Paul Jr. necks and hardware. He was going to wipe the Epiphone logo off and put his own logo on there. These three were going to be painted up like the M&M's race car. He was going to keep one and give the other two to the team.

My bf used to work for Kramer back in the 80's. They had some outlandish guitars though. He said the ones where the body is attached to the headstock by a long piece of wood (not the neck) really sounded awesome because of the reasonance.

They had an aluminum neck with wood on the sides that sounded awesome too, but player complained about it because it was always cold. Aluminum will do that. It transfers heat very rapidly so it just sucks the heat out of your hands.

Paul Unkert used to work at Kramer as well and then he went on after Kramer's demise to form Unk Guitars where he revisted that ugly U shaped headstock. However, going back to the original Kramer design of that headstock on the aluminum neck, it really resonated. That headstock acted like a tuning fork almost. Which is probably why Paul took it for his own. He's also got a patent on that neck too.

Concerning the Hembry Guitars, you should check out some of the carvings that they've done on some Ibanez guitars. They claim to be hand carved. I don't know that for a fact, but I think they look very cool. I wouldn't buy one, but they look awesome in an artistic way.

And concerning the Orange County Choppers guitar. I think Peavy may have made that? Not quite sure on that one. They did have a deal with Peavey for a short bit when they did a bike for them. I believe that deal has ran out though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
^^Yeah, a lot of those Hembry guitars are cool, for the carving if nothing else. I wish I had known about his stuff before I started my two carved warmoth projects. Over the top, but definitely different.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sure wouldn't. Seems ESP ghost built that for Sambora, who I think has been the biggest guitar endorsement whore since Lukather. He endorsed how many guitar companies? 6 or 7?

Richie's own guitars are built by his guitar tech, he just let LTD use the design to make an affordable replica of it so that young fans could have one similar to his. I don't see what's so bad about that. *shrugs*

Richie hasn't really posed for any company since he was with Fender (back in the 90's), now he just uses anything. He's always used different guitars for different songs, if anything that means he's NOT an endorsement whore because he just uses whatever he likes and what sounds good for that specific song. Many of his guitars are from the 50's and 60's, and I doubt you'd get those from endorsements.

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
I can only imagine how impossible that is to play sitting or standing.

And there is no reason to add extra necks just for a different bridge :rolleyes:

Setnakt

il Brutto
Reaction score
WTFguitar.jpg

Saw this on the way into work today, I didnt really have time to ask if I could try it out though!!
I thought at first someone had just made a pointless 3-neck guitar/bass twice and clamped them together; I had to look again. That is a 6 string with a locking tremelo, a 7 string with a locking tremelo, a 12 string TOM, a 6 string TOM, a 5 string bass and a 4 string bass.

Amazing.

Dare I say, even, amaz0ring.

The guitars all have 22 frets though, you'd think they'd mix that up a little :lol:

metalmonster

Reaction score
i think the leningrad cowboys used to have very ugly guitars . like one that looks like a toy tractor and a weird other one . anyway , look at clips on youtube , 'cause the look is hilarious too , i'll let you check that ^^

this band's really , really gay . gayer than grindcore . their song leningrad rocks , anyway ...

CooleyJr

Banned
Reaction score
vdkg9x.jpg

Laptop guitar :rofl:

I may get some hate for this, but this to me is absolutely HORRIBLE!
o60i8j.jpg

Also, Debris customs never phail to be horrible.
rlj5le.jpg

The Debris "gothic vampire" V ALMOST looks better than the EVH guitar :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')