Status
Not open for further replies.

misingonestring

Irrelevant Name
Reaction score
20070530-Weird_guitar_Teenage_Girl.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
Oh god, I've seen that reverse V so much, I HATE IT.

and LOL at the woman one =P

Reaction score
i got to about page 33 then i had to quit for today. all those guitars are giving me a headache.... :scratch:

Whoever had the idea to go on stage and bring the highlighted dean with em, its been done..... sadly.

This guy played it at the stairway to stardom show last year (not in my band, and i doubt any of you know what that is...)

Attachments

• s2s09-5159_std.jpg
    s2s09-5159_std.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 239

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

*Waits for all the BM fanboys to come out of the wood work and anonymously neg rep, and not get it.*

:lol:

Though, for cereal, I was never a huge fan of the BM stuff. The fanned ones look great, but the 6s don't do much for me. Not knocking on them, I bet they're breathtaking in person.

Reaction score
i agree.

i never understood the obsession either. I mean they probably sound great and im sure they are built well but...again. i never got the hype. probably because of how difficult they are to obtain.

to each their own

just my two cents.

Make a simple/bland/unattractive guitar..overprice it..place it in select hands and make those who want them wait a long time to actually get one..instant "must have" when for a couple hundred you could have the same thing, if not better a dime a dozen.

Reaction score

Because its a cheap gotoh bridge, fender style...

Even the ones you see on Agile are of way better quality, personaly I think that he could of at least put a high quality hipshot bridge on such a guitar, at least for the price :2c:

overprice it..

I dont see whats wrong with BK prices, some factory made custom shop jacksons, PRS, esp and the list goes on and on are actually like 2 to 3 times more expensive and they are not even handmade...

BM prices are very good and are based on the expenses that an individual person (in this case Doug) must face in order to make a living and eat.

Just an exemple, read this article which I discovered last day :

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/lu...ons/113913-why-guitars-cost-what-they-do.html

Dont forget, Doug of blackmachine is not doing this as a hobby, he does not have another job, he is a full time luthier... :idea::idea:

which is not the case of mister Darren who is starting this prodject as a very important side prodject but already has an income which helps him make a living and eat properly + Darren lives in canada, not in UK, the living expenses are way different when comparing both countries.......

I design what i want.
I build what i like.
I take as much time as it takes.
And i only sell completed instruments.
It's simple and straightforward, customers know what they're getting, and they can get it as soon as their payment clears.

And i get the satisfaction of knowing that every instrument has been conceived, spec'd out and built by me, without compromise, and without the stress of deadlines or keeping up extensive communication with each individual customer. I can truly pour every ounce of energy and passion into building each instrument, instead of trying to manage all the other day-to-day crap that a "custom shop" would have to go through.

Will it limit my business somewhat? Absolutely. But it will allow me to keep the business small and manageable, and have me not go insane or broke in the process, or worse yet, lose the passion for something i love to do, and hope to keep on doing well into my retirement years.

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
Make a simple/bland/unattractive guitar..overprice it..place it in select hands and make those who want them wait a long time to actually get one..instant "must have" when for a couple hundred you could have the same thing, if not better a dime a dozen.

Unattractive and bland to you maybe, but I'd still want the BM design if it were a korean equivalent.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Because its a cheap gotoh bridge, fender style...

Even the ones you see on Agile are of way better quality, personaly I think that he could of at least put a high quality hipshot bridge on such a guitar, at least for the price :2c:

They might be very simple bridges, but they are certainly not low quality.

Have you actually held both an Agile and a Blackmachine in your hands to make this conclusion?

What makes the Agile bridge better?

Reaction score
They might be very simple bridges, but they are certainly not low quality.

Have you actually held both an Agile and a Blackmachine in your hands to make this conclusion?

What makes the Agile bridge better?

For a stock gotoh bridge you can find one on any non tremolo fender squier if you wish, just add a saddle :yesway:

And yes I have also played on an Agile and yes I have played on a blackmachine one day at Musikmesse Frankfurt and I love those guitars...

Here I'm talking about the looks, I would hate to have a stock fender squier bridge on a high end instrument. Just like you would hate to have traditional fender style tuning machines on a high end Ibanez univers swirl.... :2c:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For a stock gotoh bridge you can find one on any non tremolo fender squier if you wish, just add a saddle :yesway:

And yes I have also played on an Agile and yes I have played on a blackmachine one day at Musikmesse Frankfurt and I love those guitars...

Here I'm talking about the looks, I would hate to have a stock fender squier bridge on a high end instrument. Just like you would hate to have traditional fender style tuning machines on a high end Ibanez univers swirl.... :2c:

I agree that the hardware looks very pedestrian, but having held Gotoh and Hipshot hardware in my hand, and used them to retrofit stock guitars, I can tell you they're miles ahead in quality of machining and materials than the cheap, cast/bent pieces of pot metal used on Squires, as well as the milled and coated Agile bridges, which are in fact copies of Hipshot units.

As for Fender style machines on a UV, I don't see the connection. The tuners on a USA Strat are very similar in both function and quality to that of the Gotoh made ones on one of my UV's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')