Horses could soon be slaughtered for meat in US

• Thread starter Blake1970
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Hate all this and screw all your "funny" jokes. I love my horse more than just about anything else.

All your crap is like me saying "Yum I bet cats taste good, yes they are all jerks, yes I'll eat them." Or whatever your favorite pet is...

Chill out! Christ, talk about taking it personally.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Hate all this and screw all your "funny" jokes. I love my horse more than just about anything else.

All your crap is like me saying "Yum I bet cats taste good, yes they are all jerks, yes I'll eat them." Or whatever your favorite pet is...

You know what they say; We always hurt/eat the ones we love. (please no Dahmer jokes lol).

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We should just be genetically engineering cows without legs, stack them in warehouses and be done with it.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Why? Why not raise more cattle with the space? Is raising horses more easy/requires less space and resources?

Like the article said, they're mostly going to be using horses that were previously used for other things, like old or retired race horses etc. These animals would have no commercial use at a certain age, and this means they get abandoned or mistreated. It's better to make use of that resource.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Well, I do put one of my kittens in a hoagie roll just to see if he'll fit from time to time.

He does.

Jury is out on whether I eat him or not.

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
I'd prefer to eat humanely-bred, humanely-slaughtered horse meat than a cow that had been reared on a cattle ranch on cleared Amazon rainforest.

I would happily eat horse, provided it tasted OK. TBH I'd be down with sampling most mammals (cooked, of course), provided they aren't endangered or cute. Horses are neither, so they can get in the fucking oven as far as I'm concerned. :lol:

Slightly off-topic, but why isn't rabbit meat more common? I mean, they've been eaten in rural Britain for years and years. OK, they're really really cute, but there's millions of the fuckers and they reproduce like... well, like rabbits, so IMO we should be eating them instead of cows, which require a lot more space, which is why so much rainforest is being cleared so cattle ranches can spring up. That practice sucks all the nutrients out of the soil so it can't really be used for anything else for a long time. Burger chains are, perhaps unwittingly, putting real effort into killing the planet.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly off-topic, but why isn't rabbit meat more common? I mean, they've been eaten in rural Britain for years and years. OK, they're really really cute, but there's millions of the fuckers and they reproduce like... well, like rabbits, so IMO we should be eating them instead of cows, which require a lot more space, which is why so much rainforest is being cleared so cattle ranches can spring up. That practice sucks all the nutrients out of the soil so it can't really be used for anything else for a long time. Burger chains are, perhaps unwittingly, putting real effort into killing the planet.

I've ate plenty of rabbits, although not in many years. About 30-40yrs ago it was very common around here to hunt and eat rabbit. Not so much any more though.

The Munk

Reaction score

Rabbit is fairly common still. It's just not mainstream enough for most big chain markets. Regional markets, maybe. Specialty markets and butchers, for sure.
Overpriced IMO, though.

I bought a whole rabbit for my birthday last year. It was barely 4 lbs, and cost almost $25US.
It was very tasty though.

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
Horse meat is good.

My sister has raised horses for quite a while, one of my other sisters rides horses, two of my nieces compete in horse riding, and my girlfriends oldest fucking LOVES horses. I'll end up getting 3-4 in a couple years.

I still don't see anything wrong with eating them. A very good friend of mine raised a pig for a few years (was a gift from another friend :lol:). They named her, and treated her very well. Their kids loved her...then one day they had a hankering for bacon. Their youngest daughter was a little upset, but got over it. They are livestock, not pets.

Chickens, horses, cattle, sheep...all livestock, and very tasty. :yum:

That being said...I doubt I'd be able to bring myself to kill my favorite horse for food, but only because deer tastes better, and costs less (less than 50cents).

Latest posts

')