Hot Deals/Auction/Craigslist/eBay Find Thread (Gear Only)

• Thread starter djpharoah
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wheresthefbomb

Reaction score
Just yesterday I picked up a 100w Carvin Legacy halfstack for just $600. Craigslist is the best. Some dude was moving into a dry cabin and needed to get rid of it, now it lives in my dry cabin.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
Not sure whether this would go in here or in a thread in the Recording section, but MusiciansFriend has Peavey ReValver III.V (the full version) as their Stupid Deal of the Day for $29.99!! If you were considering taking the leap into computer modelers, now's the time to grab one of the best computer guitar amp sims out there!

Lach Rae Dawn

Reaction score
Not sure whether this would go in here or in a thread in the Recording section, but MusiciansFriend has Peavey ReValver III.V (the full version) as their Stupid Deal of the Day for $29.99!! If you were considering taking the leap into computer modelers, now's the time to grab one of the best computer guitar amp sims out there!

wow, $30, I would have nabbed it, but its back up to $250, and for that price, I would go with EZ mix 2, since I already have Pod Farm.

Coobanez

Reaction score
VHT/Fryette Fat-Bottom 4X12 cab with P50E's in great shape! $700, OBO.
I would buy this, but I have no use for an extra VHT/Fryette cab right now in my current financial situation.
Somebody buy this! Awesome cabs, and I'm sure the seller would take $600. Only $50 shipping too!

VHT Fat Bottom 4x12 Speaker Cabinet Cab | eBay

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
Guys there's a Kemper Profiling Rackmount on Guitar Center's used site right now for $1700!

I'm actually not sure of what these go for new/used, but it seems pretty crazy that someone would willingly get shafted by GC when they could probably just as easily sell it on eBay or something :nuts:

Svava

Djento ergo sum
Reaction score
mod edit: this is not a place to list your own gear, that's what we have classifieds for

Local Astronaut
Reaction score
Guys there's a Kemper Profiling Rackmount on Guitar Center's used site right now for $1700!

I'm actually not sure of what these go for new/used, but it seems pretty crazy that someone would willingly get shafted by GC when they could probably just as easily sell it on eBay or something :nuts:

There are an amazing amount of very lazy people out there.

Or it was stolen.

Reaction score
People still get shafted regardless. Ebay takes a big cut off the price sold. Unless it's sold on Craigslist or to a friend, then expect to get the price cut.

Think the cut is around 13% considering you can reach a larger audience without having to meet them. I'd say it is worth it.

I've sold things much faster on ebay and I don't have to deal with tirekickers and lowballers.

Let's just say you have something that is worth 50% of the original value minus 13% of that gets you to 43.5% net.

If you take that same item to a place like Guitar Center what will they give you? Being in Canada we don't have guitar center but based on what pawn shops will give you you will be lucky to get 25% because they plan on selling it at 50%.

Now if you have an item that holds it's value well with ebay you will make more money than through a place that buys to resell as they will still probably give you around 20-25% regardless.

If GC is selling the unit at 1700 I bet the person could have sold it on ebay for 1300 easily. Minus 13% that's 1183.... that's probably light years apart from what they got from GC.

')