Hot Deals/Auctions/Craigslist Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
See I always see it as the same guitar that Ibanez changes the hardware or inlay pattern on. They change the model numbers all the time but they only go from no inlays to dots. On the one model that there are 12 of in the world there is a piezo system (RG7CST) but really, if it has a flame top, rosewood board, and some sort of trem its all the same to me. If it looks good, buy it.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Jackson Custom Shop Demon 7-string.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=120108975494&rd=1&rd=1

The seller is a longtime Jackson/Charvel collector who has an amazing collection, and used to tell great stripper stories over at the JCF.

This guitar is kind of weird. Who designs a Custom Shop guitar with unobstructed fret access only to the 20th fret??? My Washburn Sonic doesn't have great fret access, but it's way better than this. Most Demons I've seen pictures of have way better access than this, even if the lower horn is always going to be a bit of a nuisance. And that's leaving out the issue of whether the Demon is an appealing body shape (it's not to me).

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
That is hideous. I have no idea why companies make such an ugle body shape. Any time a strat-style guitar has a lower horn that is longer than the upper horn it looks absolutely horrible.

Nats

Reaction score
Jackson Custom Shop Demon 7-string.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=120108975494&rd=1&rd=1

The seller is a longtime Jackson/Charvel collector who has an amazing collection, and used to tell great stripper stories over at the JCF.

This guitar is kind of weird. Who designs a Custom Shop guitar with unobstructed fret access only to the 20th fret??? My Washburn Sonic doesn't have great fret access, but it's way better than this. Most Demons I've seen pictures of have way better access than this, even if the lower horn is always going to be a bit of a nuisance. And that's leaving out the issue of whether the Demon is an appealing body shape (it's not to me).

was that guitar supposed to be made for a lefty and then they changed their minds so they put a righty neck on it? that lower horn looks so akward

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
was that guitar supposed to be made for a lefty and then they changed their minds so they put a righty neck on it? that lower horn looks so akward

No, that's the typical Jackson Demon body shape. The design has actually been around for a long time (since about 1990), but Jackson hasn't made very many of them. BTW, check over in the classifieds section; it's also for sale there.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok this is more funny than hot. It looks to be the PWH Rich Harris sold about a month ago for $1525 with a starting bid of $1700 and BIN of $2000. I just pinged the guy asking if it's the same guitar :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/1990-Ibanez-Ste...ryZ33043QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Yup, I confirmed it with the guy, it's the one Rich sold. I'll be amazed if he gets that for it. I sent this back to him:

"I'll wish you good luck selling it for that. I'm a member of one of the largest seven string guitar communities on the net, and everyone agrees Rich's prices are on the high side and he only gets them because of his reputation and killer setups. Trying to mark up above what he was selling it for isn't likely to happen. You'd be likely to get your asking price on a dead mint PWH, unfortunately the one you're selling isn't."

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
Very swish, my only concern is that inlay.

How much would a fretboard replacement cost these days?

jtm45

Reaction score

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Since when did Jackson make USA bolt-on RR's ?

They did briefly make a USA bolt-on RR called the RR2 back in 1996-97, but that was only a 6-string, and was obviously a USA based on the ebony fretboard and MOP headstock logo. There is nothing about the RR7 that screams "expensive USA Jackson." Not one of Jackson's finer moments.

Latest posts

')