Hotone Ampero II Stomp

Guitarjon

Reaction score
Recently got my hands on a Hotone Ampero II Stomp after seeing some pretty convincing videos on it on YouTube. It seemed like a pretty promising modeler and multi-effects unit so I really wanted to try one out for myself. Also to see if it's a contender for the HX Stomp...

As it turns out it's a really cool pedal and imho definitely a solid competitor to something like the HX Stomp. Overall the amp models are pretty good! Some aren't great but others are really good! Models of the Friedman BE100 and ENGL Savage for example sound great and they have multiple voicing switching options to dial in the tone. Others like the 5150 and Diezel models sound a little flat and they're lacking the resonance control. If we take the HX stomp as an example I think it's similar, it has a bunch of really good amp models and then also some that aren't as good.

The touch screen is good and a lot of fun to use and there are many effects to choose from with pretty good quality sounds as far as I can tell. Again, not all of them are amazing but I was able to get some great sounds with many of them...

Of course I did a little demo and review using my ESP LTD Phoenix Deluxe Evertune with the Fishman Fluence Modern pickups and stuff:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
How does it handle a ton of effects? It has more effect blocks than the HX Stomp but seems to be less efficient at handling DSP.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Interesting. Last fall I was thisclose to buying one of the amperos. I can’t check out your video right now, but I definitely am going to give it a watch later.

')