How can I add silence at the start of a tune in Cubase?

• Thread starter Santuzzo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Hi,

I use Cubase 7 and I usually start my projects right at bar one, but then later when exporting an audio mix-down I like to have 2 or 3 seconds of silence on the track before the tune starts.

Now I do know that I can select a range and choose the option add silence which works, but the problem with that is that this shift's my whole tune on the 'meter track' , normally this would not be a problem, but I have changing meters in most of my tunes, so then all of a sudden the bars don't align with the takes anymore.

Therefore I was wondering if there is any other way of inserting a few seconds of silence to an audio mix-down?

Thanks,
Lars

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Whammy

Reaction score
Bounce the track down. Import it into a new Cubase session and bounce it one more time with the correct amount of silence you need in front of it.

aturaya

Reaction score
Can't you just select all and drag it all over? That works perfectly fine for me in Cubase 5 with tempo and meter changes.

Santuzzo

Reaction score
Can't you just select all and drag it all over? That works perfectly fine for me in Cubase 5 with tempo and meter changes.

Thanks! :yesway:

you mean when doing that the tempo/signature track (not sure if I'm saying this right but I mean the the ruler that has all the bar/measure marks) will shift with the tracks?
That would be excellent!

Larcher

fpoon
Contributor
Reaction score

If you do this it will not 'move' your time signatures/tempo changes. I'm sure there is a way to make them follow the move you'd make though, I just don't know how.

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
What I usually do is start on bar 2 or 3. And then I just drag selection that starts at bar 1 or 2 or whatever and then export my mixdown within the loop I selected. Easy-peasy.

Latest posts

')