How can i improve my mix?

Epalms

Reaction score
I record my riffs every now and then just for memory and to hear what they would sound like with drums, bass ...etc. I recently have been interested in improving my mix with what i have. Im using pro tools 8 le and the free eleven amps simulator that comes with it. (drums are addictive drums). I would really like some feedback on how i can improve the mix because it sounds flat to me. Thanks
Burr City by Erkpalm on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheBotquax

Reaction score
I would lower the guitars just a little bit, bring up the bass a little, and look into a stereo expander for the high-end (look up the vst G-multi), to bring out the treble-ness of the cymbals/high hats and keep them from sounding too cheap. Other than that it sounds great and that riff is awesome!

Larcher

fpoon
Contributor
Reaction score
This music and tone sounds a whole lot like CHON (the band from california) I dig!

lets start with the guitars:

They feel weak, like as if your active pick ups are running out of battery. In your case maybe not enough gain on your amp? When the little shred licks play along they feel lifeless and just meh because they don't have proper gain level it seems

Drums:

They sound ok besides the kick. Try give your kick just a bit more high-mids to give it some click.

Your bass sounds good to me, no complaints there

good luck!

Latest posts

')