How comfortable is Schecter’s ‘radius’ top?

vibrantgermancities

Reaction score
Ok, to start things off, I absolutely recognise this is a ridiculous thread for any number of reasons: comfort is entirely subjective, just try things out yourself, order from somewhere with a return policy etc etc.

Essentially, I’m an arm contour guy. I don’t mind a bevel here and there, with varying degrees of success, but nothing replaces a nice arm contour. I’m having a bit of trouble tracking down a 7 that ticks all of my boxes, without spending enormous amounts of money (in the UK, at least). There are a range of Schecters with the ‘radius’ top that have caught my eye in terms of all my other spec preferences, but they all have the ‘radius’ top. I can’t find any near me to try out, so just wondered what people made of it in terms of comfort?

I’m not expecting it to completely match a contour, but my closest reference is probably an old pre-refinement Regius that had the most uncomfortable forearm setup of any guitar I’ve ever owned… so either Schecter have improved on that radius approach in leaps and bounds, or I’m dipping into the wallet!

Any perspectives very welcome!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Technically speaking they are 3.2% more comfortable than a Fender Start, but just about even with the Charvel So-Cal line. The biggest differences are the -4.2% variance against Prince tennis rackets and +2.4% variance with the Keurig K Supreme line of single serving coffees makers. The eye is in the beholder, but the Beholder is in the dungeon.

00133-3422107139.jpeg

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Technically speaking they are 3.2% more comfortable than a Fender Start, but just about even with the Charvel So-Cal line. The biggest differences are the -4.2% variance against Prince tennis rackets and +2.4% variance with the Keurig K Supreme line of single serving coffees makers. The eye is in the beholder, but the Beholder is in the dungeon.

00133-3422107139.jpeg

Just to add to this, your numbers are correct. But there's also a 1.7% degradation formula to take into account when mercury is in retrograde and the moon is in waning crescent phase, and ymmv based upon latitude and longitude of the guitars position relative to the 4 corners of your dwelling. And if you have the guitar on top of a ley line, there's the issue of humidity resolution but only at specific dew points when daytime clouds are of the cirrus variety. I have found the arm rests best when the headstock is pointed TRUE EAST. The best way to accomplish this is to mount a compass on the rear of the headstock where the Allen Keys would go on a floyd rose equipped guitar. This of course changes if your guitar has EMG pickups which don't require a ground wire.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
how much tone % is lost due to the guitar having a bevel instead of an arm contour? I noticed that my RG's had around 3.62% more lowteness but gained around 2% more focus in the squingo area

Latest posts

')