How do I get an awesome China sound with Ezdrummer and expansions?

Djenty

Reaction score
I'm wondering how to get a sweet sounding china?

I really like the ones from Periphery, Volumes, and even Erra's new album, which is kind of a more tighter sounding one. They all sound so awesome.

I have DFH and the new Metal Machine expansions and wondering what the best way is to get a good china.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

end

Reaction score
i have no idea, i have hear something about the add on inferno, something like that. and i have been using addictive drums, plus i dont have a china in my set though.

Djenty

Reaction score
i have no idea, i have hear something about the add on inferno, something like that. and i have been using addictive drums, plus i dont have a china in my set though.

Well, atleast you replied...

T.T

TasmanSam

Reaction score
The sabian 19" china from the metalheads expansion has an amazing sound, very distinct and sharp.

I wasn't too fond of the chinas in metal machine sorry.

ArrowHead

Reaction score
There's no easy answer or tips. Spend a little time learning to mix. Cymbals are not approached individually in a mix like drums are. They're all typically captured by the overheads.

You're even more confined with the Ezdrummer samples, since they're already pre-mixed and treated. You can add more effects yourself, but you're still stuck working off what has already been done for you. The samples you like from Bulb/Periphery come from Superior, which are untreated raw sounds. You have a lot more control over them.

And the easiest answer is to find out what cymbals you like the sound of, and find similar sounds. You ignored Shadow when he answered you - many manufacturers offer samples of their entire line of cymbals. Trying two isn't really going to tell you anything.

Djenty

Reaction score
There's no easy answer or tips. Spend a little time learning to mix. Cymbals are not approached individually in a mix like drums are. They're all typically captured by the overheads.

You're even more confined with the Ezdrummer samples, since they're already pre-mixed and treated. You can add more effects yourself, but you're still stuck working off what has already been done for you. The samples you like from Bulb/Periphery come from Superior, which are untreated raw sounds. You have a lot more control over them.

And the easiest answer is to find out what cymbals you like the sound of, and find similar sounds. You ignored Shadow when he answered you - many manufacturers offer samples of their entire line of cymbals. Trying two isn't really going to tell you anything.

I found after a while with effects that I got quite a bit closer to the sound I want. I'm unsure how to put samples into EZD anyway. I may be getting SD 2.0 very soon so yay!

Thanks for your help guys.

ArrowHead

Reaction score
I found after a while with effects that I got quite a bit closer to the sound I want. I'm unsure how to put samples into EZD anyway. I may be getting SD 2.0 very soon so yay!

Thanks for your help guys.

Amazon is offering an upgrade package - EzDrummer to Superior 2 for $99. Good time to strike!

')