How do I prevent youtube links converting into MEDIA tags

• Thread starter JediMasterThrash
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JediMasterThrash

Reaction score
I put in youtube links in my post, and no matter what I do the forum converts them to media tags.

#1, when it converts to a media tag it loses the timestamp. My links were in the form of
youtubelink#t=2m07s
so that it starts at the particular part of the guitar solo I want to point out.
But the auto conversion to media tags removes the timestamp.

And #2 it makes the post huge and bulky by embedding all those videos. I just wanted a quick short list of links, but instead it was a giant long page of embedded videos.

The closest thing I could find to block it was the code tag, but that also removed the link capability.

http://www.sevenstring.org/threads/...maple-neck-through-for-80s-rock-metal.333953/

Alex

Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's the way the forum software was set up by default. What you're asking would require custom coding on our end.

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
You could arguably just post everything after the '?' -> we all know how to get to youtube.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.