How do I slim my chubby ass down?

• Thread starter JJ Rodriguez
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Dormant said:
This in combination with cutting down food and general chemical intake (by that I mean food full of preservatives and sugars as opposed to drugs) is very good for you.

Drinking cold water is good for you - it boosts the metabolism by 30% as a result of thermogenesis.

I would also reccomend 'grazing' which is the process of eating more meals over the day but making them very small. It keeps your metabolism running all day. All meals consisting of healthy snacks. It's an expensive way of doing things but it works.

Great advice on all counts. Water rocks, anyway. :metal:

So, to help put this into perspective, then... Think you could tell us everything you've eaten for like the last two days - breakfast, lunch, dinner, and any snacks in between? Food, drink, everything, and try to estimate portion sizes? A more specific look at your eating patterns might tell us a lot.

Sorry if that seems nosy, but I'm one of the few non-doctors in my dad's side of the family, so I have to listen to this stuff at home all the time. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Actually not really, since I've already cut down since my appetite. Like I said, I used to eat 7 hotdogs when I was smoking, now I cut down to like 3. Hrm...I can't even remember what I ate yesterday, I know it involved some veggies and stuff since my girlfriend is going on a health kick too...I'll have to start today, since I don't/can't cook, I hardly pay attention, I just eat what's put in front of me. So far I ate 3 hotdogs for breakfast (girlfriend's at work). In case you can't tell, hotdogs are a big thing for me :lol:

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Lol Hey also remeber to allow yourself to still eat things you like BUt remeber MODERATION. If you try and eat super healthy and cut all the stuff you normally eat out, your going fail it may not be till tomorrow or next week or maybe a few weeks but you will fail. THen you will feel depressed that you failed and go on a fucking cheesburger bender (or maybe in your case a hotdog one)

Point is allow yourself free days or just free meals meaning eat a few hotdogs or taco bell. If you do fuck up and eat like shit don't sweat it just start over and keep plugging away. :yesway:

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I just ate a peanut butter and jam sandwich, and a scotch mint, yum. Drank a shit load of OJ too.

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
JJ Rodriguez said:
I just ate a peanut butter and jam sandwich, and a scotch mint, yum. Drank a shit load of OJ too.

Not to burst your bubble, but OJ's loaded with sugar:nono:

Although, it's not as bad as softdrinks and stuff. Water is the answer. You should be able to drink at least 1 gallon a day. It's hard at first, but after a week or so, you really don't even think twice about it.

Dormant

Wanker
Reaction score
nitelightboy said:

Although, it's not as bad as softdrinks and stuff. Water is the answer. You should be able to drink at least 1 gallon a day. It's hard at first, but after a week or so, you really don't even think twice about it.

+1 on the water. Drink shitloads. It will stop you from being so hungry.

Additionally 3 hot dogs for breakfast is a big no no. The first meal of the day represents a kickstart to your metabolism for that day. Eating something full of sugar and preservatives (Hot dog buns are full of both as is ketchup, the fucked up meat and anything else you might put on it) is going to block up your system and you will have a hard time breaking down any further food.

Funnily enough, spicy food (without sugar and preservatives) is meant to be a good way to start your day as Chili/Spices increase your metabolic rate. In India sweet curries are a typical way to start the day.

Peanut Butter is full of salt and sugar, Jelly (what we call Jam) is full of sugar and bread is full of carbohydrates which turn to sugar. Jason is right you shouldn't cut things out that you enjoy but you do actually have to eat some healthy food. It's all very well to cut down but if all you are eating is essentially crap it's not going to do your general health and mood any good at all. Shit like that will make you feel lethargic with all the short term sugar/preservative boosts.

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
Dormant, dead on buddy!

And another thing to watch out for, although this goes for everyone after a significant weight gain, is your sex drive. You've already said you don't have a problem with it and that's a good thing. Alot of times, a large weight gain will significantly reduce your sex drive, which is a sign that it's screwing you up all over too. If that ever happens, you know it's time to get serious about losing weight.

Another thing that hasn't really been mentioned is pacing yourself. At first, if you dive right into a new eating plan or exercise routine, you'll crash and burn fast. You have to ease yourself into it, maybe taking as long as a month to start.

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
nitelightboy said:

:lol: I was going say something like this but didn't wanna sound like a dick.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Dormant said:
Additionally 3 hot dogs for breakfast is a big no no. The first meal of the day represents a kickstart to your metabolism for that day. Eating something full of sugar and preservatives (Hot dog buns are full of both as is ketchup, the fucked up meat and anything else you might put on it) is going to block up your system and you will have a hard time breaking down any further food.

It was the only thing in the house that I can make, that and PB&J sandwiches :lol: We don't have a microwave, and I have a feeling that if we did, anything I could microwave would most likely be worse.

Dormant

Wanker
Reaction score
I think you should learn to cook. You would probably enjoy it. Buy/rent some cook books or pick up some recipes online. I think cooking is brilliant. Only sure fire way you know what you are eating. Also it's fundamentally science (probably more specifically Chemistry) so you don't have to feel like a big twat doing it :lol:.

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
.jason. said:
:lol: I was going say something like this but didn't wanna sound like a dick.

WTF you trying to say?? That I'm a dick?? Well thank you. Glad I could be of some help.:fawk:

:lol:

Popsyche

Contributor
Reaction score
Here's a fine point from yer ol' pal popsyche. Peanut butter is really good for you in moderation. It has suger and fat. It has the better type of fat. It also contains fiber and protein, which you need. Orange juice has fruit sugar, and more fiber and necessary vitamins. Jam is just good tasting sugary stuff that isn't terribly helpful, but the tablespoon of it you used won't kill you. Eat 5 of those a day could be a problem. One, eh?!

The thing to avoid is empty calories, like sugary cakey, desserty things. Also, overly refined products, such as Wonderbread(the edible Napkin!) have little use in a diet, even if enriched. Soda has little nutrative value while 1 % milk has little fat and a lot of stuff your body needs. Eat a balanced diet, don't pig out that often, and all should be good!

tehk

Yes..
Reaction score
This is something I've used throughout my diet regime, and it has worked MIRACLES.

Ready?

Super Fiber enriched cereals.

For breakfast, I mix a bowl of:
All Bran Honey Nut Flakes
Fiber One Honey Clusters
All Bran Buds

It's usually 40% All Blan Honey Flakes, 40% Fiber One, and 10% Buds (I don't really like the buds.. they look/taste like pet food but its the fiber I'm looking for)

A serving like that will contain about 130% your recommended fiber intake. When you come home from work (for me, its school), have another serving: that would equal to 260% daily fiber intake! No need to explain the benefits of fiber ;).

Personally, I LOVE the taste of Fiber One Honey Cluster cereal. I'll take it instead of cookies any day (I don't eat cookies anyways, but you get the idea). And I don't tire of foods easily, so I don't mind consuming this stuff everyday.

Try it yourself :D

P.S. I use/drink skim milk. I've drank it for basically my entire life, plus I personally prefer it over the other types. I recommend nothing more then 1% milk for your cereal servings.

P.P.S. I hope you like cereal. Hahaha

More Great Diet Foods

Cream Cheese + Almost anything = AWESOMENESS

A great low cal lunch would be something like:
Low fat cream cheese (Philidelphia is my favourite) on for example, a whole wheat bagel (I eat the ones with Flax seeds) with lettuce and tomatoes. It tastes awesome and the bagel will fill you up (or should).

A great snack would be cream cheese and Malba toasts (whole wheat). The best part is.. they're only 80 cals per 4 toasts!

Craving something sweet?
If you're a cookie fanatic, the closest health food I've found to cookies are All Bran Bars with Honey. The texture is almost identical to that of a cookies, and it tastes great, plus, they're good for you. Don't consume too many though..

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I was doing good when I was going to the gym, lost like 2 inches from my waist (but no weight, must have been muscle gain) within 2 weeks. I've since gained it back, due to work schedule and lack of money I can no longer go to the gym. I plan to go back when I get some spare cash, as it's winter time now so there ain't no fucking way I'm going outside :lol: The work schedule thing was mainly my gf, since we were going together, and we both worked on opposite times, so we could never get together to go, and I'm the only one with a car so I'd have to pick her up. But, that month or so at the gym gave me hope, with such quick results, so I remain hopeful that when I can finally get back to the gym, things should work out pretty well. Basically, all I did was cardio, did about half an hour on the eliptical machine, then 20 mins or so on the exercise bike, then cool down. Drank shit loads of water. Seemed to work for me, didn't notice feeling any better, but it was only a month or so of regular visits.

I absolutely DESPISE milk. I think it's the most putrid substance known to man. I like chocolate milk, but hate regular old milk. I've drank maybe 5 glasses in my entire life and wanted to go out and kill every single cow I could find after each glass. Don't like cream cheese either, the smell and look of it just sickens me :lol: I don't know where the hell I get my Calcium, but I've never broken a bone :scratch: The cereal stuff intrigues me though, I may have to try that. How would that super high fibre diet affect someone with IBS? I rarely have time in the morning to eat, although I try, since I know it raises your metabolism, but usually I'm trying to hurry my ass out the door to get me and the girlfriend to work. And once I'm at work, I can't afford like 10 bucks for sandwiches or anything...it sucks. I do however get free lunch since my father owns a restaurant like a minute walk from my office :metal: What would be a good and FILLING lunch to eat that might help me? I don't like a whole lot of variety, since I'm a very picky eater, so this one might be more difficult :lol:

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know, but if you name something, I can probably tell you whether it's a yes, no, or havn't tried it :lol:

tehk

Yes..
Reaction score
Well, name something you eat on a regular basis (eg. pasta) and I'll suggest a healthy version of it :) (Or at least try to)

')