How do I slim my chubby ass down?

• Thread starter JJ Rodriguez
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
These microwavable hot pocket type things, pizza pops, boiled hotdogs, peanut butter sandwiches, canned soup, french fries, chicken fingers and bologna when I'm fending for myself. When my girlfriend cooks it's a lot of chinese food and....fuck I dunno, I hardly pay attention most of the time, I'm just happy I'm eating and that I didn't have to do anything for it :lol: In case you can't tell from my list...I can't cook, at all. I'd probably end up burning the place down. The microwavable hot pocket things are the low fat ones, I made sure of that, the rest I know is horrible for me :lol: The girlfriend also makes a lot of breakfast, which is also going to pack on the pounds. Anything healthy, and preferably meaty, I can order for lunch at a restaurant.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
These microwavable hot pocket type things, pizza pops, boiled hotdogs, peanut butter sandwiches, canned soup, french fries, chicken fingers and bologna when I'm fending for myself.

I think we've identified the problem.

Hot pockets - incredibly high in fat and preservatives and salt.
Pizza pops - ditto
boiled hot dogs - I don't particularly want to speculate on this, actually. Let's just say they're not something I'd call a good source of protien and they're not good for you.
peanut butter sandwiches - probably the healthiest of the list here.
canned soup - high in salt, for one. depending on the type, probably high in fat and cholesterol as well.
french fries - saturated fat heaven.
chicken fingers - the chicken isn't what's bad for you, unless it's that ground up shit; it's the breading, with the salt and saturated fat, that will kill you.
bologna - see hot dogs.

In short, your diet consists mostly of fatty, salt-laden processed food. It's amazing you haven't had weight problems before.

Hmm. This is tough, for someone who doesn't like to cook. I'd say either learn to cook or look for Weight Watchers or Lean Cuisine alternatives.

You obviously love pizza - if I were to give you a fairly straightforward pizza recipe, would you be up for trying to make one from scratch? Crust and all, it's not too bad as far as bread products go. It's about 20 minutes of prep plus cooking, but the nice thing is if this is your typical breakfast, you could make one on Sunday and have like two slices for breakfast for the rest of the week. Pizza still isn't healthy, but if you make it yourself it's marginally better for you.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score

Aye, this is the crap I eat when not getting meals made for me. I don't eat all this stuff on a daily basis, this is just what I can make when I have to :lol: And some of these are the Lean Cuisine alternatives, the hot pockets are the less fatty kind (I don't think I'd quite label them as low fat or fat free). The girlfriend does most of the cooking, and while I'd say half our food is still not low in fat, half the time it's rice or noodles or something. I could try to make a pizza from scratch, but I'd probably burn the house down. Making a pizza is simple, it's the dough and shit that fucks me up. Trust me when I say I can't cook, I've fucked up macaroni and cheese, the pre-packaged kind with all the directions and stuff. Give me a computer, and I'll rip that motherfucker apart blindfolded and put it back together, but give me cooking directions and I'll probably fuck it up. My biggest problem is the exercise thing, I need someone to give me an exercise bike. I really didn't mind going to the gym, and if I could do it in my own home and watch a movie or something while doing it that'd be great. I actually heard from someone though that having your own equipment kind of makes you less apt to exercise, since you can put it off since you have the equipment right there :lol:

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
JJ Lean hot pockets help vs. regular ones. Also wake up 10 mins earlier in the morning if you need to. Eat a bowl of oat meal the generic store stuff is doable. Just get the flavored stuff or add in a few raisins or some cinnanom (sp) Fiber is what will help keep you full and regular. For lunch is there a wendy's near by? I eat a small chilli with a sour cream and chive backed potato..or substitute one of them for a side salad. :yum: The chilli and baked potato will keep you full for awhile.

Sm. Chilli calories 220. 2 pack of saltines 20 calories. total 240.

Baked potato 270. sour cream reduced fat 50 calories. total 320.

Side Salad 35 calories Dressing anywhere from 80-280 calories ;) me personally i use about 3/4 of the italian vinegratte not the best choice but it tastes the best to me.

add garlice croutons and that's another 70 calories. :lol:

Anyway let's recap. Chilli with just crackers 240 calories, 17 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber.

Baked potato just sour cream no butter 320 calories, 9 grams of protein, 7 grams of fiber.

side salad 35 calories. Add whatever dressing you want. This is a good filler and low calorie if you don't fuck it up with tons of dressing.:lol:

So for 2 or 3 bucks it will fill you up till dinner. Give you the right amount of calories and takes 5 mins? :yesway:

keithb

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've dropped a bunch of weight since moving in w/ the gf last spring, and I haven't really changed my eating habits. What's changed is that everything in the house is now healthier and I'm finding that I haven't really noticed the difference in taste.

Like soda? go diet.
PB&J? sure - go with wheat bread, sugar-free PB (you won't even notice w/ the jam)
Crackers? whole grain

etc, etc

Jason

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I used to drink diet soda..but it's really not good fo ryou at all..

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Hmmm, every time you go for soda or juice, try replacing it with water.

If you can set aside the time, try running everyday. I used to do 9 miles a day, but I'm 16 haha.

Two to 3 miles would probably do you alot of good though.

Also I hear fitness experts recommending light cardio-vascular for 30 minutes everyday.

Like lifting light weights in front of the tv or doing sit-ups and stuff like that.

tehk

Yes..
Reaction score
I used to do 9 miles a day

Good god.. Are you training for a marathon or just bored? Hahahah, just kidding man. That's awesome, I wish I could do 9. The most I did (when I was doing lots of cardio.. now I've slacked on that part) was maybe 5-6 tops. :(

Like soda? go diet.
PB&J? sure - go with wheat bread, sugar-free PB (you won't even notice w/ the jam)
Crackers? whole grain

Yup, that's the easiest way you can trim your cal/fat intake without sacrificing (well, not a lot at least) your favourite foods.

Rule of thumb : White almost anything = no good.. Replace with whole wheat.

Here's a little something that has worked for me whenever I have cravings:
I either brush my teeth or chew some mint gum. I personally love having minty breath, and I don't want to ruin it by consuming anything.. Sometimes it doesn't work, so part 2. Drink water to feel "full".

Tip: Do not watch the Food network if you have cravings! ;)

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Good god.. Are you training for a marathon or just bored? Hahahah, just kidding man. That's awesome, I wish I could do 9. The most I did (when I was doing lots of cardio.. now I've slacked on that part) was maybe 5-6 tops. :(

Yup, that's the easiest way you can trim your cal/fat intake without sacrificing (well, not a lot at least) your favourite foods.

Rule of thumb : White almost anything = no good.. Replace with whole wheat.

Here's a little something that has worked for me whenever I have cravings:
I either brush my teeth or chew some mint gum. I personally love having minty breath, and I don't want to ruin it by consuming anything.. Sometimes it doesn't work, so part 2. Drink water to feel "full".

Tip: Do not watch the Food network if you have cravings! ;)

I used to think 9 miles was freakin impossible. Then I did Cross Country and after a summer of condition it became like nothing. I was one of 3 short distance runners who decided to do Cross Country, and it turned us into awesome mid distance runners.

Everyone else would freak out when we were told to do certain intervals, but the 3 of us were like "pshaw, that's nothing".

I totally forgot to mention whole wheat because it's all that my mom buys.

Also buying low fat or skim milk would help (at first you'll definately notice a difference if you're used to 2% but after a while it dosn't matter anymore)

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I love cows...when they're on my plate.

Then buy trim, lower-fat portions, trim excess fat before cooking (since you can'treally eat it, anyway), and remember that the USDA recommended serving size for beef is 8 oz. ;)

Really, JJ, if your question here is "How do I slim my chubby ass down?" then the answer is "get a little more excersize, and revamp your diet." You're eating a rather unhealthy diet with very little excersize, and if you want to lose weight, that's what you need to change. There's no "silver bullet" here that'll do it for you.

')