How do I try Schecters?

FortePenance

Reaction score
Quite simply, there are no Schecter dealers out here in Hong Kong. Does anyone know how I might be able to get a feel of them? I've been really interested in the 08 models and the lineup of 7s is just impressive.

I've thought about going overseas but the only 2 places i'm off to this year are probably Sweden (but that's not til summer) and Koh Samui :)nuts:).

Mailordering from places overseas then sending it back could work but I can't think of any sites that will allow me to do that and not charge a restocking fee. Not to mention slightly pricey and cubersome to repackage and send.

Anybody got any ideas? Frankly I feel i'm SOL. :lol:

Cheers guys :wub:

ps//stitch, don't think about it :squint:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
Can you find any Jacksons, or ESPs? They're *similar* in that they don't have flat necks like an Ibanez. So maybe that would be a good place to start.

But I have to agree, the 08 Schecters are pretty sweet. Blackjack ATX in white FTW!

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
i never tried mine... it had the stuff i wanted, two humbuckers, tune-o-matic bridge, seven strings, and a gorgeous look...

so yeah, i´m happy, and now ´m getting a baritone neck made for it as well...

i was going to buy the C7 BlackJack, until i found out i didn´t have enough money for it, so i went for the omen 7 extreme, and now i´m pretty happy i did, because it´s a bolt-on, and that means i can change the necks... hence the baritone neck :p

FortePenance

Reaction score
Can you find any Jacksons, or ESPs? They're *similar* in that they don't have flat necks like an Ibanez. So maybe that would be a good place to start.

But I have to agree, the 08 Schecters are pretty sweet. Blackjack ATX in white FTW!

Excellent. I've tried many Jacksons and ESPs. They aren't really that similar though? I've always heard people describe the Jacksons and ESP necks as middle ground between Ibby thin and Schecter thick.

Are the EBMM models any similar to the Schecter neck curve? Or a Gibson neck? A Fender?

Really, I just want to get a feel of the neck. :D

Thanks, rep incoming dude.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
Excellent. I've tried many Jacksons and ESPs. They aren't really that similar though? I've always heard people describe the Jacksons and ESP necks as middle ground between Ibby thin and Schecter thick.

Are the EBMM models any similar to the Schecter neck curve? Or a Gibson neck? A Fender?

Really, I just want to get a feel of the neck. :D

Thanks, rep incoming dude.

Depends on who you ask. I've played an SRC and some kind of jackson (dinky perhaps) and I own a schecter. They all 'felt' different at first, but that's what happens when you get a new guitar, necks feel fresh because it's not what you're used to. But after a while I switched back to playing a blackjack and my hand slipped right onto it as if i had been playing it the whole time. So yeah, they're pretty much the same IMO.

Nick

Reaction score
id say schecter are closer to the feel of a gibson neck wise

but stuff like that is relative to the player so other people might not have the same opinion

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
How do i try the Space Shuttle? There aren't any near where i live.

:nuts:

')