How Framus FUXXED Me

• Thread starter trippled
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trippled

Reaction score
Wow, I've never been that furious for quiet a while.

9 months ago I ordered bkp covered 7 string nailbomb set for my framus panthera 7 string custom guitar.

The covered pickups didn't fit the rings and the rings broke while I was trying fitting the pickups in.

I emailed Framus and they wanted 100 euros for the shipping(!) to Israel and wouldn't consider shipping in any other way - and this is not even scratching what I'm talking about.

I decided to go with the guy from pickuprings.com, I asked framus if the dimensions are like seymour duncan's 7 string pickup rings - they said yes.

I told him these dimensions plus the dimensions of the BKP's - after 4 months of waiting and having millions of excuses the guy delivered me rings that won't fit.

They didn't fit btw because what Framus told me was false - these were rings they manufactured themselves, not seymour duncan, and they were different.

I asked him to send me rings that would fit, he asked me to send him the original rings promising he'll deliver this time - which after waiting 2 more months he didn't do.

I decided to send the BKP's to bareknuckle to uncover figuring I can then buy regular rings without a custom job - did it, and this tiem asked Framus if they could send me the rings to framce where some of my family lives, they also did that.

Turns out - the Framus rings WON'T FIT the guitar because Framus changed the rings type they were using to another and they don't stock any rings anymore - so they basically told me they have nothing to do and suggested I'll talk to seymour duncan(Sounds Like a plan....).

So, my uncovered BKP's are on my mail, not only I've sent them for free to uncover, now it looks quiet impossible to fit them or ANY other pickups to my guitar. AWESOME.

Great support Framus, thanks allot. This is disgusting, the worst support I've ever encountered in this business.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bazguitarman

Half assed at best
Reaction score
Tennessee, home of hillbillies and halfstacks.
Well, that sucks. Have you thought about having someone locally make you a set of rings. You may not be able to get plastic rings, but there are a ton of old school craftsmen in Israel that work in wood and metal. Anyone set up to mill/shape wood, metal or maybe delrin should be able to make you a custom set. After all, all you need is a rectangle with six screw holes for mounting. Maybe some rings done in a dark colored exotic wood. Although Seymour Duncan will probably take care of you. Their CS is very good.

Good luck.

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
That's inexcusable. That's completely ridiculous, they should be paying more attention to their customers and their products.

Zado

Reaction score
Well,not the best customers support I've read about so far :/

Demiurge

Reaction score
Sounds like some miscommunication spiraling out of control going on, but the whole debacle could have avoided by taking measurements prior to fitting new parts and by using the same measurements to communicate questions to other vendors.

Demiurge

Reaction score
This is still poor support. Completely unacceptable IMO.

No disagreement there. The folks you dealt with should have asked for measurements- the "eh, I bet it'll fit" thing doesn't really work anymore with so many brands and OEMs with specific specs vs. differing tolerances. I can't stand it when companies use weird-ass pickup rings- I've been there before.

purpledc

Proud blacksheep
Reaction score
for the price those fucking framus guitars cost they should have bought you a fucking plane ticket so you could hand deliver the damn guitar to them.

potatohead

Reaction score
What am I missing here?

YOU broke the original rings, and YOU decided not to buy new ones almost a year ago because shipping was too expensive.

You should have measured them to get the right size, and like everyone is saying you could probably have some wood or metal ones made for not much. It's like bitching your Mercedes doesn't take some generic Chinese alternator.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
^ To be fair though, Framus did just kind of say "Eh, yeah they should be the same size as the SD ones" without measuring at all

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Looks like this guy is out to try to make them look bad.

The Norsemen

A Viking
Reaction score
That sucks ass dude. I don'tthink Framus handled it right at all.
They didn't measure but neither did you.

Here's a saying You'll here from welders (and carpenters and other kinds of fabricators blah blah)
Measure Twice, cut once. So in your case measure twice, order once.
Bust out the ruler next time and save yourself some coin man! :yesway:

trippled

Reaction score
What am I missing here?

YOU broke the original rings, and YOU decided not to buy new ones almost a year ago because shipping was too expensive.

You should have measured them to get the right size, and like everyone is saying you could probably have some wood or metal ones made for not much. It's like bitching your Mercedes doesn't take some generic Chinese alternator.

Are you nuts? Paying 100 euros for only the shipping?? that seems legit to you?

ANYWAY - You didn't read the post well enough since UI've mentioned that later I understood I need custom rings that would fit my bkp's and framus - hence why I talked to the guy from pickuprings.com.

It doesn't matter if I measured or not, this situation of a bid brand not having replacement parts is irresponsibility.

Thrashmanzac

plays in 69/42
Reaction score
i fail to see how 100% of the blame for this falls on Framus, surely you and the guys from pickuprings.com should take some responsibility?
...They didn't fit btw because what Framus told me was false - these were rings they manufactured themselves, not seymour duncan, and they were different...

...Framus changed the rings type they were using to another and they don't stock any rings anymore - so they basically told me they have nothing to do and suggested I'll talk to seymour duncan(Sounds Like a plan....).
this to me sounds like seymour duncan used to supply pickup rings to framus, then they changed the dimensions. i can't really see a company like framus manurfacturing their own pickup rings, but i could be wrong. i look forward to seeing what their rep has to say :)

trippled

Reaction score
i fail to see how 100% of the blame for this falls on Framus, surely you and the guys from pickuprings.com should take some responsibility?

this to me sounds like seymour duncan used to supply pickup rings to framus, then they changed the dimensions. i can't really see a company like framus manurfacturing their own pickup rings, but i could be wrong. i look forward to seeing what their rep has to say :)

Well I could take dimensions earlier and then understand my guitar doesn't have any production replacement rings that would fit - does that make Framus
look any better to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
')