How Framus FUXXED Me

• Thread starter trippled
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrashmanzac

plays in 69/42
Reaction score
Well I could take dimensions earlier and then understand my guitar doesn't have any production replacement rings that would fit - does that make Framus
look any better to you?

actually yes, as i fail to see how it would be framus's fault for not using a production pickup ring, and how it would be a problem at all if you measured the dimensions to find this out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

trippled

Reaction score
actually yes, as i fail to see how it would be framus's fault for not using a production pickup ring, and how it would be a problem at all if you measured the dimensions to find this out.

It's their fault if they can't provide that part for their customers anymore,
seems like most of the people around here kinda think the same.

Thrashmanzac

plays in 69/42
Reaction score
they told you to contact seymour duncan to source the part for you? surely you don't expect ever guitar manutfacturer to stockpile previously used hardware for years, incase someone wants a replacement. keep in mind they DID offer to ship a set to you. it's a shitty situation, but i just dont see how it is only their fault.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
they told you to contact seymour duncan to source the part for you? surely you don't expect ever guitar manutfacturer to stockpile previously used hardware for years, incase someone wants a replacement. keep in mind they DID offer to ship a set to you. it's a shitty situation, but i just dont see how it is only their fault.

Bingo. It was a proprietary-sized part. They stopped using it because it was likely cheaper to use an aftermarket part they could source elsewhere. They probably ran out because they stopped making them a while ago (you said this was an older model).

Not measuring the current rings before ordering new ones is 100% your fault. If the guy you spoke to at Framus CS is NEW (which shocker... happens all the time! customer service jobs usually have a pretty high turn-over rate... shocking, I know. :rolleyes:) he might not have had any idea that the older models had used proprietary rings so the information he had supplied you might have been correct to HIS KNOWLEDGE. Again, YOU could have measured the rings yourself for absolute confirmation that the size was correct. Any excuses you give beyond that are just that: excuses.

I saw all your angry posts on the other forum and have to be honest, while it sucks that Framus doesn't stock a proprietary part (which again, shocker... happens all the time when it comes to proprietary stuff as companies phase parts out over time... :flame:) any longer does NOT make this whole thing their fault like you would have everyone believe. Time to suck it up and take some responsibility for the position you have put yourself in dude. A better use of your time would be sizing up the rings, contacting someone local who could build you a nice new set out of wood (VERY easy and inexpensive to do, seriously.) and stick with those. It's not hard to do and is a hell of a lot more productive than trying to smear a company based on them not having a part in stock anymore because they phased it out a few years ago. :wavey: Getting angry and posting a rant on the forum isn't going to fix your guitar, right? As I said on the other board, I'd chalk up 50%+ of this problem to miscommunication, and at this point I'd say the other 50% is laziness as the burden to figure out the size of the ring falls on you since you have the part in hand but failed to measure it and save yourself a lot of trouble.

trippled

Reaction score
Well, the framus CEO just talked to me on the phone right now so maybe it wasn't a foolish idea to post it like you'd clame it to be.

He says I could drill new wholes through the finish and it won't crack. He also apologised. So this is what I'm gonna ask my local tech to do.

I'm not going to waste my time responding to you regarding my "laziness" taking measurements, just take a look on a seymour duncan scheme and you'll see how many parameters there are to measure to get the wholes placement accurately - some of them you can't and won't know how to measure.

I think that when you work on tech support for a brand and a customer calls you regarding an issue of former products, you can just check yourself and need to do so if what you're going to recommend will fit what he needs, this means good service. You just like to ignore this and get to the part of telling me what I should have done. You're not my dad and I wasn't asking for any advise or opinion on my actions. I've got to my own conclusions by myself.

mod edit: shit slinging about other forums... it'll get you banned

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
While it sucks that a customer service guy gave you the wrong information, and the shipping price they quoted you was high, 99% of the problem here could have been avoided with 5 minutes and a ruler on your part.

I think the drama has gone far enough for a pair of pickup rings and since the company has called and apologized I'd consider this resolved :locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')