How good is an Evertune actually?

• Thread starter Narzog
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
I agree completely with the couple of comments metropolis has offered up. Bends do feel and respond a bit differently (even when set up to bend perfectly) and I find there to be less sustain in general, although videos have been made which claim to debunk it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Evertune is making up problems so they can sell you their solution. There is nothing it claims to cure that can't be cured with proper strings and good technique.

The only guitars I've ever encountered that held tuning perfectly were neck through body Esps with OFR. I had an Edwards E-AL-128 Arrowhead sent to me from Japan from Meestursparkle while I was on deployment. It was delivered to my friend's house in the nasty humid land of Missouri where it sat for a year in it's gigbag in his uninsulated backyard garden shed until I came to get it. The frets and hardware had begun to tarnish from humidity but it was still perfectly in tune. I had a custom shop KH4 that I only needed to tune when I changed strings.

The bolt on Esps were really good but not that perfect. They would need a fine tune here or there with heavy bar use.

Screamingdaisy

Reaction score
The "staying in tune perfectly" thing always bugged me in a recording context because I thought the little slight out-of-tune nuances in multi-track guitar tracks is what helps give it that big, wide sound. I can see the use live, but recording...eh?
IMO, the sound of a guitar going sharp is the the sound of guitar. It's been like that since the dawn of recorded guitar.

Latest posts

')