How is Scientology recognized as a religious establishment

• Thread starter signalgrey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
A scam thought up by a science fiction author.

:rofl:

... scientology

the name itself sounds like some redundant BS... ology = the study of something... scient = derived from the word science which generally involves studying something and a lot of sciences end in 'ology, no?

i think it's just some weird thing rich people do because they have nothing better to do with their money. are there any middle class or poor scientologists?

I always defend Scientology when people bash it... not because I believe it but, well it's a bunch of unsubstantiated bullshit written in a book that retards think is true... How that differs from any other religion, I can't say. :nono:

i can dig that :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Another thing is that in general, Christians do mean well, even when they're oppressing people and trying to strip rights away, they think they're saving them. Scientology is just about making money.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Another thing is that in general, Christians do mean well, even when they're oppressing people and trying to strip rights away, they think they're saving them.

i know what you're getting at, but you have to realize how funny that sounds. :lol:

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
I know it does :lol: But it's true. They are so convinced that they're right and they're going to save you, that they don't care how they do it. It's fucked up, I don't like it, but the good intentions are there :lol: I'm fairly certain that the higher up Scientologists are shit bags on purpose.

Reaction score
All i can say is I'm sure glad John Travolta is a pilot..
cuz someone is gonna have to fly the fucking spaceship

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
All i can say is I'm sure glad John Travolta is a pilot..
cuz someone is gonna have to fly the fucking spaceship

:rofl:

the one thing i do like about scientologists is that none of them have EVER come up to me and harassed me about changing my religion whilst waving their pamphlets full of supernatural mumbo jumbo...

i just have to hear about their ideas--ideas that, to me, sound strange, but they're no more strange than saying that when i die a piece of me is going to be released and judged and then sent to one of 2 places based on the final verdict.

or that i should hope to come back as a cow even though reincarnation doesn't really put any restrictions on WHERE you come back so i could potentially come back as a cow in america and hate life.

or that if i kill "infidels" (whatever that's really supposed to mean) i'll go to "Heaven" and be greeted by 72 virgins that might just be 15 year old Counter Strike nerds... :lol:

clearly there are others but this could go on all day...

/ramble

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
... scientology

the name itself sounds like some redundant BS... ology = the study of something... scient = derived from the word science which generally involves studying something and a lot of sciences end in 'ology, no?
"Science" is derived from a Latin word that just means "to know". So Scientology is literally the study of knowledge, which they meant to mean "knowing how to know".
or that if i kill "infidels" (whatever that's really supposed to mean) i'll go to "Heaven" and be greeted by 72 virgins that might just be 15 year old Counter Strike nerds... :lol:
"Infidel" means people who are not faithful (fidelity = faithfulness), i.e. not Muslim.

I would also venture to say that if you think the tenets of Scientology are no more strange than those of Christianity, Hinduism or Islam, then you haven't done enough reading about Scientology.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
"Science" is derived from a Latin word that just means "to know". So Scientology is literally the study of knowledge, which they meant to mean "knowing how to know".

"Infidel" means people who are not faithful (fidelity = faithfulness), i.e. not Muslim.

I would also venture to say that if you think the tenets of Scientology are no more strange than those of Christianity, Hinduism or Islam, then you haven't done enough reading about Scientology.

definition of scientology is kind of interesting. but when i say "no more strange" i mean that they all sound farfetched as hell to me so one is just as good as the other as far as i'm concerned. that's just my 2 cents.

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
Here in Germany Scientology is not accepted as religion and is monitored by the Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution because it's seen as antidemocratic and extremistic.

lefty robb

Shred like a mofo
Contributor
Reaction score
Its a cult, clear and simple, someone figured out that because of the first amendment they can just make up a wack story, call it a religion, not pay taxes and make tons of money....

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
This may not be verbatim, but L.Ron Hubbard said:

"You can't get rich writing science fiction, but you can get rich creating a religion."

That's enough right there.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
scientology is not a religion. scientology is a money.making brainwashing cult. this is fact.

it doesn´t matter that they´ve managed to abuse the rules to get themselves defined as being a religion. that doesn´t make it one. their intents are rotten to the core, and i hope this is realized by the different governments across the world before they fuck up everything. Germany knows what´s up, and fucking banned tom cruise. that´s what we need.

it´s gotten a hold in Norway too, and it´s growing. sad stuff.

the scary thing is how they lure people in, and slowly win them over. they do it so subtly and slowly, starting with personality tests and courses on improving yourself as a person, and then slowly swallow you up, isolating you from everything, and using you as an income generator, so they can squeeze people and their families for everything they have, and if anyone crosses their path, they fucking crush them by humiliation and lawsuits.

in Norway, i believe they started by disguising themselves as a job agency, where you filled out (cue revealing part) a personality test. then someone noticed those were the exact same ones used by scientology, and it was on. the guy is still in trouble with scientology, as he´s managed to become one of the major anti-scientology activists in the world. he´s one of the guys who has revealed secret information about scientology and their ways, by leaking documents etc.

oh, and scientology was busted for infiltrating the US government back in the day. how much more evil do they need to be?

')