How many here wants a JS-Premium?

• Thread starter BLACKFOX86
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BLACKFOX86

Reaction score
Hi, most of you Ibby palyers probably know Vai has a new PREMIUM JEM signature out there. So what about Joe Satriani? Wouldn't it be great to fill the gap in the current price range of the satriani signatures?

The high end ones are TOO expensive (well for me). :ugh:

I want the expensive JS2400 or JS1200 but I can forget that so I checked out the cheapest signature model (JS100) but it has a lot of problems with the Edge III tremolo. And the pickups kind of sucks. However
A JS-premium model could solve this problem right? With the price range between JS1200 and JS100. And at least a better tremolo. And (maybe?) better pickups.

If you want one, would you like to have a 22 fret model or a 24 fret model like the JS2400?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just pick up a used JS1000, they can be had for half the price they are new, especially the models with Edge Pro trems instead of the Original Edge.

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
I remember playing a 2400 and thinking "you want 1999 for THIS????"

Hmmmmm. Now it's 2199. No thanks.

Oh yeah, staying on topic :D ... I'll betcha 1 MINT U.S. penny, than they will have one soon enough ;)

Imalwayscold

Is actually warm
Reaction score
Interesting suggestion! Over any Ibby body I've ever owned the JS(I'd love to try an oginal Radius for the similarity?) has been by far the most comfortable. Not to mention the neck, holy shitcreams they were the best necks I've played!
If they release a JS Premium with the current Premium fret treatment I would be straight on that faster than a hobo on chips!

BLACKFOX86

Reaction score
Just pick up a used JS1000, they can be had for half the price they are new, especially the models with Edge Pro trems instead of the Original Edge.

Yeah I will definitely look for one! But they are not easy to find.

BLACKFOX86

Reaction score
Interesting suggestion! Over any Ibby body I've ever owned the JS(I'd love to try an oginal Radius for the similarity?) has been by far the most comfortable. Not to mention the neck, holy shitcreams they were the best necks I've played!
If they release a JS Premium with the current Premium fret treatment I would be straight on that faster than a hobo on chips!

Me too! I own a RG2570 and it sounds good. But the typical ibanez thin necks doesn't work for me. I play much better on the fatter necks.
That fret treatment on a JS guitar would be great! :yesway:

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
I'd certainly be interested to see a Premium JS guitar. I think the main benefit I'd hope to see would be seeing more of them to choose from. The RG Premiums have loads of variety in terms of bridge, finish and pickup configuration. I'd like to see them go someway to this on both the JEM premium and also the JS premium.

BLACKFOX86

Reaction score
I have no idea why ibanez put such huge price tags on some of their guitars. RG2228 for example is overpriced. Paul Gilbert's first fireman guitar was too expensive so they made a much cheaper version that sounds as good ad the expensive one! And it even looks better. I wouldn't pay more than $900 for the JS2400.

SkullCrusher

Reaction score
I dont want a premium at all as I personally think they trash.

They feel horrible and that photo-quilt top is just Bleugh!

rockstarazuri

Reaction score
Premium guitars are really good for the price. I notice no discernible difference of quality between one and a Prestige I A/B'ed with. Both of them are better than a Gibson LP studio in the store, messy finishing and sharp fretwork on several LPs I tried. Also Premiums have veneers. Photo-quilt =/= veneer.

tank

Reaction score
stop make this crap signatures, make a dino cazares Sig

_MonSTeR_

Reaction score
I have no idea why ibanez put such huge price tags on some of their guitars. RG2228 for example is overpriced. Paul Gilbert's first fireman guitar was too expensive so they made a much cheaper version that sounds as good ad the expensive one! And it even looks better. I wouldn't pay more than $900 for the JS2400.

Japanese Ibanez prices are just a result of the current value of the Yen at the moment. If the Yen was suddenly worth what it was 5 years ago, Ibanez guitars would seem like a huge bargain!

octatonic

I can count to 8.
Reaction score
I did a restring and setup on a Premium Ibanez- can't say I was that impressed with the build quality.

The wood seems quite cheap.
The hardware is pretty low quality.
Spent twice the time I would usually getting it to intonate.

BLACKFOX86

Reaction score
I did a restring and setup on a Premium Ibanez- can't say I was that impressed with the build quality.

The wood seems quite cheap.
The hardware is pretty low quality.
Spent twice the time I would usually getting it to intonate.

Ok I see. But I mean maybe they are ´better´ than the cheapest models at least? So maybe premium is good enough if you can't afford they expensive stuff. That's how I see it. But I don't know because I've never played any Premium model so far.

Latest posts

')