How many music projects do you have?

• Thread starter Gabriel
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gabriel

Reaction score
Pretty self explanatory, but i'm curious about how many SS members have more than one band/project? What are they and are those projects significantly different from one another?

I'll go first, currently i'm in i guess what you could say a "death core" band called Did You Mean Australia but am also joining a good friend of mine's side project called Nouns which will be more of a melodic metal core(?) I'm pretty excited but in all honesty, if i had the time and money i would have 2 other bands to occupy my free time.

First would be a hardcore band that would circle around my favorite influences which happen to be Counterparts and Comeback Kid. Second band would be more pop-punk like Transit and Polar Bear Club.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
I may or may not be in a band with my brother and a good friend of ours tentatively named Rebuild. I'm thinking I'm not, because there has yet to be a full practice, or indeed anything of the sort. Also, the only guitar gear my brother has is all mine, and he treats it like shit so I'm getting slowly pissed off at him.

I have a solo project that's called LEVI THE FLESHER. It's really just an outlet, a la Cloudkicker, as opposed to a one-man band or something. I do everything from deathcore to progressive metalcore (big difference, right?) and indie rap, sometimes in the same song. I haven't really released anything, but I have a lot of material written and recorded. So that's two, or one and a half, depending on the day.

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
In Reality, 2.. My own solo stuff, and a band we're we jam simple slow metal.

Prospective projects, about 100.

Gabriel

Reaction score
I may or may not be in a band with my brother and a good friend of ours tentatively named Rebuild. I'm thinking I'm not, because there has yet to be a full practice, or indeed anything of the sort. Also, the only guitar gear my brother has is all mine, and he treats it like shit so I'm getting slowly pissed off at him.

I have a solo project that's called LEVI THE FLESHER. It's really just an outlet, a la Cloudkicker, as opposed to a one-man band or something. I do everything from deathcore to progressive metalcore (big difference, right?) and indie rap, sometimes in the same song. I haven't really released anything, but I have a lot of material written and recorded. So that's two, or one and a half, depending on the day.

I've been extremely curious about putting a hip hop song or two together just to see how it would sound, but then i remember that i can't write lyrics to save my life. haha

Francis978

Reaction score
I am currently in 4 projects:
1. My main band Iconoclast, which is a progressive metal/somewhat "deathcore" band, veil of maya and TesseracT inspired band. This is my main project, of which we are writing more music as of right now
2. MY other band Departer, which is an experimental symphonic metal type thing, I don't really know how to describe it, there is clear TesseracT influence, but mainly driven by Wintersun and Nightwish as my main inspirations
3. Dethroner, which is a thrash metal band I am in, pretty self explanatory
4. lastly, I am in a jazz quartet, mainly bebop style jazz and some fusion.

I guess this could be a 5th but it's just me, I am writing a solo Jazz album as well.

Reaction score
Just 2
Working on my band writing music and all that
and making songs for my personal proyect

The other guitarist on my band has like 6 or 7 proyects , I dont know how he do that :wallbash:

TheDepthsWillRise

Reaction score
When I'm in a band, that's all I can focus on. Right now I'm writing for my band, The Depths Will Rise (shocking, I know lol). When it's just me, I throw everything (metal of various flavors, hardcore of various flavors, and acoustic stuff) in a soundcloud with the name Burn to Bloom.

Reaction score
Just one.
Power metal band that I wrote alot of riffs for but im doing just vocals. It's taken over 2 years to get it fully together. but damn are we going to be badass. Hopefully having a keyboard player at our next practice. One of the guitarists is 50 and can shred Yngwie. We cover "I'll see the light tonight"
Our originals are long and epic. One is 11 minutes long.
Im a big D&D'er, so guess what the lyrics are about? lol

Would love to get another band going, but Springfield sucks

wespaul

Octaves of Manhattan
Reaction score
I've been cursed with being in bands that ultimately go nowhere. I'm usually playing with extremely talented musicians, but for one reason or another, they're not dependable and/or they're not motivated at all. I live in a small town in Oklahoma, and it's hard enough finding people close to my age who also like to play heavy music. I've yet to find that one group of people that are dedicated and want to play shows.

So, yeah, right now it's just me, throwing around riffs at home and recording various other things on the computer. My Mark V is dying to scream in front of people.

TheFerryMan

Sauvage
Reaction score
personally 2

one is "Hail The red" which started out as a solo instrumental Djent project, and now it's everything from rock to straight death metal with different vocalists on each track.

The other is "Lumina Titan" Which is a death/thrash project with some influences from post metal. yeah....

rawrkunjrawr

Captain Shnazzy
Reaction score
I have one, and it'll probably stay that way for a long time to come. I produce electro house tracks. I use to produce dubstep, the horrible kind they use to torture people, but recently I've realized even though I love the raw power of it electro house is a nice starting point. So back on topic, one project for this SS member.

sawtoothscream

Reaction score
pretty much just one. although my friend just texted me saying our old drummer just got some recording stuff and he wants to record our old instrumental bands songs. not good at classifying genres so my project is metal and the other one im recording is like a mix of pink floyd, led zep, as cities burn and underoath. fun stuff

skarz

Reaction score
I got 2 projects :

A Malagasy music oriented band with former bandmate of Malagasy pop band I was touring with and a "tribal" black metal one man band as it is a pain in the ass to find musician willing to play this kind of music here.

ChrisRushing

Fretboard Acrobat
Reaction score
I am usually involved in a few projects (look at my signature) full time but since I started school again and not really playing with anyone local, things have slowed down a lot. Though there has been talk about doing another Canvas Solaris record.......

GatherTheArsenal

SF2 > Everything
Reaction score
1. I have my solo project called Gather The Arsenal (link in my sig) and the idea behind this project is to bring in a new musician to feature on each full-length song that i record, hence the name. (Nothing to do with guns) I've played guitar for 7-8 years so that's my forte. I have experience with other instruments but i'm no pro so i welcome with open arms any bassists, guitarists, vocalists, keyboardists, drummers.... hell.. even triangle players, maracas, cellos, and that weird instrument that goes *ding* *scrape* *ding *scrape* it's all welcome and all gravy as long as it makes the music awesome :hbang:

I'm putting together a demo/EP. No limitations on what i incorporate in my songs or what i call em. Thrash, ambient, ambient electronic, melodic death, Arab acoustic, hardcore, 80's Van Halen-esque up-beat metal, jazz, industrial, groove. I played with 2 other bands before but i'm finding that i really like working on my own so that i can write/record at my own pace.

Case in point, took a break from recording in August to regroup and learn more about DAWS, wrote 3 full-length songs, just got back to recording - started song #2 a week ago. Life's good. :yesway:

2. Just starting another one with my good friend and ex-band mate, he plays guitar and does vocals in his own Tech-Death/ProgMetal band The Nautilus. We always worked great together so we hang out, bounce ideas, record, get frustrated, kick each other's ass in Mortal Kombat, and call it a night... super productive!

jehu12141987

Reaction score
Cool thread. My old band, A Thousand Shields is sort of on an indefinite hiatus. My current project, Artilect, is spanning and spamming the web far and wide, lol.

')