How Much Do You Like Megadeth?

• Thread starter samurai7drew
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Yikes... The albums with Friedman would be good if it weren't for Mustaine's nasally vocals.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Joeywilson

Banned
Reaction score
I.HATE.MEGADETH.
i bought rust in peace, listened to it once but the entire time i listened to it i just thought about how i could have been listening to much better music
i really wish dave mustaine would stop doing things..but marty freidman was cool. so is chris brodrick

i also think that metallica should make their name my screen name

soliloquy

Reaction score
i dont like megadeth. and i really dont see the hype surrounding them. and i dont think they surpassed metallica. actually, thats a lie. i think some of the session guitarists that have played with megadeth were great, like chris broderick, marty friedman, al petrelli, glen dover and bunch of other guys. but, aside from that, to me, megadeth just sounds like mustaine just complaining about how he's amazing, metallica sucks, and how he fucked lars's girlfriend. dude, you have spent more time outside of metallica than with them, give it a rest aready!

plus, their riffs sound very boring. solos aren't really any better. and...well...i find em boring. the only thing i didn't find boring was critina scabbia featuring one of the songs.

Joeywilson

Banned
Reaction score
i dont like megadeth. and i really dont see the hype surrounding them. and i dont think they surpassed metallica. actually, thats a lie. i think some of the session guitarists that have played with megadeth were great, like chris broderick, marty friedman, al petrelli, glen dover and bunch of other guys. but, aside from that, to me, megadeth just sounds like mustaine just complaining about how he's amazing, metallica sucks, and how he fucked lars's girlfriend. dude, you have spent more time outside of metallica than with them, give it a rest aready!

plus, their riffs sound very boring. solos aren't really any better. and...well...i find em boring. the only thing i didn't find boring was critina scabbia featuring one of the songs.

big +1
i think that everything both of those bands do is terrible
ugh

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
I must disagree with all of you bashing Megadeth for anything other than Mustaines arrogance. I think they are one of the most creative, unique, and talented metal bands that is in the genre of "thrash".. Definately one of the top metal bands pre-1995 before bands like Nevermore and Bodom started this new revolution

Megadeth has amazing riffing, esp for its time when all you had to compare was bands like SLAYER?? I wont give my personal opinion of Slayer, but lets just say its not positive. Testament was the only oldschool thrash band that was up there with Megadeth IMO.

I think Megadeth deserves its "hype" and place in the top of the 80s/90s metal scene, if not only for all the amazing guitarists that have flourished in the band, not to mention amazing drummers (Nick Menza anyone?).. People can say what you want about Mustaine and his attitude, but dont discredit one of the best metal bands ever just because you dont like the personality of their singer, his songs are beyond worthy.

How often will you find a band that accepts and assimilates fusion guitarists like Chris Poland, pure shred guitarists like Marty Friedman, Classical/virtuosos like Chris Broderick, classic rockers like Pitrelli, I could go on, amazing talent and each have their own solo stylings that are all added to make the band evolve over time.

Riker

Reaction score
I had no idea they had that many albums. Symphony Of Destruction is all I like or play.....and the chubby kid? reminds me of the fat chick in high school who also loved the Deth lmao

Saw them recently in Calgary with Slayer.

keeper006

SWEET BERRY WINE!
Reaction score
How often will you find a band that accepts and assimilates fusion guitarists like Chris Poland, pure shred guitarists like Marty Friedman, Classical/virtuosos like Chris Broderick, classic rockers like Pitrelli, I could go on, amazing talent and each have their own solo stylings that are all added to make the band evolve over time.
What? You left out Drover?:lol:

meisterjager

Now available in HD
Reaction score

He fucked Kirk's girlfriend :nono: :lol:

My personal opinion of Megadeth is that I genuinely think they're not very good. I've given them a good chance, and it's just not my kinda thing. He's almost like a cliche of himself, is Dave, veeery cheesy lyrics and riffs. That is only my opinion, so it means sweet FA in the real world. I also can't quite grasp Dave Mustaine's actual personality, but for the most part I think there is a sense of arrogance, but he's a successful guy, why not?

Get ready to quote my Dave-bashing in my NGD thread in a few days... :lol:

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
More than Metallica !

I must disagree with all of you bashing Megadeth for anything other than Mustaines arrogance. I think they are one of the most creative, unique, and talented metal bands that is in the genre of "thrash".. Definately one of the top metal bands pre-1995 before bands like Nevermore and Bodom started this new revolution

Megadeth has amazing riffing, esp for its time when all you had to compare was bands like SLAYER?? I wont give my personal opinion of Slayer, but lets just say its not positive. Testament was the only oldschool thrash band that was up there with Megadeth IMO.

I think Megadeth deserves its "hype" and place in the top of the 80s/90s metal scene, if not only for all the amazing guitarists that have flourished in the band, not to mention amazing drummers (Nick Menza anyone?).. People can say what you want about Mustaine and his attitude, but dont discredit one of the best metal bands ever just because you dont like the personality of their singer, his songs are beyond worthy.

This! :metal:

Reaction score
A little more than i liked Dave Mustaine's coffee :lol:

Dave-Mustaines-Peruvian-Blend-Coffee-14935_image.jpg

Latest posts

')