How much is this worth?

• Thread starter avenge the rage
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
I have a Zakk Wylde epi that i am looking at selling but not sure how much it is worth. So far i am asking for £550 due to having blackouts in them. Do you think it is worth it.

Pics here:

Zakk Wylde EPI pictures by seth23k - Photobucket

Thanks

Do you have the original pickups? For the sake of you getting as much money as possible you might want to consider putting the original pick ups in and then selling the guitar seperate from the blackouts.

avenge the rage

Reaction score
I do have them yes, but for some reason they are both neck pickups, hence why i changed them

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
I do have them yes, but for some reason they are both neck pickups, hence why i changed them

Then, if your not in a rush, I would call Epiphone and explain that your guitar came stock with 2 neck pickups and you would like them to send you a bridge pickup because in the end, I think it'll be worth it for you to seperate the two sales. Epiphone should have no issue with it since it was a screw up on their end.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I don't believe EMG's have 'neck' and 'bridge' designations.

Are they both 81's or 85's?

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I believe there's only been one model with HZ's

HZ's don't have neck and bridge designations as much as they pretend to. Neck and Bridge models are pretty much the same, and due to the way they're wound, if their DC resistance is less than a certain amount it'll be neck, if it's more it'll be bridge.

avenge the rage

Reaction score
Ah right, well then in that case i might swap them and put them back in. I believe the new model comes with actives though, so that was the only reason i was keeping them in.

Overall though do you think the price i am asking is realistic?

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
It's a very popular model, 5-550 wouldn't surprise me. I'd be flexible though, it's definitely a buyers market.

What do the stickers on the back of the pickups say?

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah the Zakk Epiphones just have 2 HZ-H4's. Both the same pickup. Some of the newer ones have the H4A in the neck now, but the older ones did not. Put them back in and sell it. Then sell the blackouts.

avenge the rage

Reaction score
Cool i might do that. But i know you said it is a popular guitar, but im finding that noone is wating to buy this thing at all. Not even one offer.

I'l look at the stickers next time i go to my parents house as i have left them there in the box the blackouts came in.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Your price is probably too high then.

The ZW's were pretty pricey new, but like I said, definitely a buyer's market.

avenge the rage

Reaction score
I haven't actually stated a price on all of my threads, just said offer me stuff, cause i was looking for trades.

Also how easy are humbuckers to wire in?

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Depending on how brave you are, anywhere for fairly to very. It certainly isn't hard, but if you're going back to passives you'll have to change all the pots.

')