How solid are agiles??

VinnyLemieux

Reaction score
So im doing some research and comparing some 8 strings and wanted to know about how sturdy the agile 8 strings are.....compared to say a RG2228??

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
First off, the obligatory acknowledgment of where you should have started...

searchfirst.gif

There are a *huge* amount of threads which discuss this. You can search on either "agile ibanez" (more than 250 topics) or "agile rg2228" (more than 280 topics).

Yes, you are required to read them all in their entirety. *laugh*

You don't actually have to go that far, but you can probably just read through a couple of them and get a good sense of all the issues involved.

Good luck, and happy reading!

Aerospace274

Scotty G!
Reaction score
You shouldn't buy an instrument based on how sturdy it is. Do you plan on using it in a professional wrestling match or something?
Anyway, mine feels pretty solid. None of the hardware rattles or anything, although the pickups move towards and away from the bridge. That's no big deal. Knobs are both on there well as is the pickup selector. Really any part of a guitar that isn't sturdy can be fixed with maintenance. It's easy stuff! :shred:
Unless of course it's like rotten wood or some other problem like that but that almost never happens lol. Never played an Ibanez 8 but I'd imagine they're just fine too. Except RGA8's, they've got a bad rep. Ibanez may have fixed that issue, I'm not sure.

Demeyes

Reaction score
They are solid reliable guitars. I've gigged mine a load and carried it around in a gig bag most of the time and it is fine, no problems.

toiletstand

/\'...'/\
Reaction score
theres a thread here where someone goes pretty in depth comparing an agile to an rg2228.

Reaction score
i have the interceptor 727 and i'm in love with it. it looks hot, it sounds awesome ( i got the duncan blackouts ) it's amazingly easy to play, even with it being a baritone. i give the trem hell and it always pop right back into place. It's a good company, but make sure if you order one to buy a case as well. it makes shipping easier. plus their cases are dirt cheap too. win win.

Latest posts