"How to be Djent" a parody

• Thread starter Tyler
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Andless

Reaction score
Actually this is funny... who care's if some one said it before.

If you can't laugh at this perhaps he's hitting too close to home....? :fawk:

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
The whole thing was pretty cringey, but it certainly had its moments. I laughed.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
This guy is close to having made a video that doesn't annoy the piss out of me, but just not quite there. He's got these one-liners, right? Like sing-o. And the bit with the 90's djent. But his presentation is just... the worst.

Itchyman

Reaction score
I own that very Vampire Kiss RG7620 in the video. I'm at work right now, but I'll post pics when I get home (not til Monday).

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
He used the whole "low tuned guitar is making bass obsolete" thing, so that honestly just came across as ignorant. Up until then, it was sorta entertaining, though making fun of djent just because of how the genre was named is kinda stupid, too. "Techno" is an overarching term for music made with electronic TECHNOLOGY, is that stupid too? Broad, sure, but the term "rock" is the same way - you could be talking about the Rolling Stones, or Metallica, for all we know, if you just mention "Yeah I'm a fan of rock music." A friend has told me about "Boom Bap," a subgenre of rap named for the style of drums. Trance is named for the fact that it sounds etherial and airy, or "trance-like"

Honestly making fun of Djent is played out and dead now. Everything that can be said, has been said, so there's no originality. And yeah, his delivery in this is annoying as hell.

chassless

Don'tDeserveMyGuitar
Reaction score
^ i don't fully agree.

so that honestly just came across as ignorant.
much like everything else in his video(s) ?

Everything that can be said, has been said, so there's no originality
everything that could have ever been said or done about music, in music, about ANYTHING has already been said and done. that's not a reason not to do things, let alone stop this guy from making and posting his silly video.

if you just don't like his delivery, that's a different story :lol:

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
Personally, I find this guy super irritating, even without acknowledging that this video is completely :deadhrse:

Svava

Djento ergo sum
Reaction score
This has been posted like 3 times... but anyway...

Lack of self-awareness aside I think he has some pretty funny bits and he's an absolutely excellent guitar player in terms of technicality and even in some places he sounds fairly musical. He could be quite good in a few years... if he stops making those faces ><

')