How to fix Jackson Warrior WRXMG Neck Dive ?

• Thread starter Gordan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gordan

Grazyn
Reaction score
Hello,

does anybody have a good idea to fix the Jackson`s WRXMG Warrior ( Neck Thru) Guitar neck Dive while standing with it ?

Best whishes,

Roscoe

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Robrecht

Overall weird person
Reaction score
I have an Ibanez XPT707, which has more or less the same shape as the Warrior and quite a lot of neck dive as well. Moving the strap button involves drilling, and I'd rather not do anything 'destructive' like that...

One trick I've read somewhere and am planning to try soon is to put a metal weight inside the electronics cavity. I'd have to cover it in tape and attach it firmly to the side, of course, to avoid damage to the other stuff in there. The cavity is in the lower wing, so it might help to balance out the weight of the neck. Looking at pictures of the Warrior, the knob placement suggests a similar cavity location. If that doesn't work, I'll see if there's any room in the output jack cavity, which (in my Ibanez) is in the upper wing.

USMC_OriginalSin

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
moving the strap buttons is the best way to 100% fix neck dive. Put them where they are on the newer Ibanez xiphos and your neck dive problems should be solved

carcass

Reaction score
once I found this strap with metal pieces inside, it is supossed to help with neck-diving, here is link:

Axe Balancer

maybe this can be helpfull and it doesn´t requiere any workmanship on guitar

troyguitar

Reaction score
Super light tuners... I used open-backed Sperzels with plastic buttons to reduce neck dive on my ARZ307. Other than that, the other 2 solutions were already mentioned: weight in the cavity and strap button relocation. Usually this problem only exists on bolt-on WR's though - where are the strap buttons on the WRXMG?

Robrecht

Overall weird person
Reaction score
moving the strap buttons is the best way to 100% fix neck dive. Put them where they are on the newer Ibanez xiphos and your neck dive problems should be solved

I don't know about the OP, but for me that would really be a last resort. Even if it were possible to plug up and refinish the original hole perfectly, I still wouldn't be completely comfortable with drilling in my guitar... Call me squeamish... :-/ Especially since I think there's some nice neck-through wood patterns under the finish, judging by the results some other owners got after sanding the guitar.

once I found this strap with metal pieces inside, it is supossed to help with neck-diving, here is link:

Axe Balancer

maybe this can be helpfull and it doesn´t requiere any workmanship on guitar

Thanks man, I hadn't thought of that before -- the weight doesn't actually need to be in the guitar! I'll experiment with adding weight to a regular strap.

danger5oh

I'm always... hungry
Reaction score
Got any pics? I've got a WR1 and that thing stays in the perfect balance... in fact, it almost is exactly the opposite of neck heavy as the neck on mine is comfortably elevated most of the time. I'm wondering if maybe the strap buttons are placed in a different location... or maybe it's just the difference in the wood used??? And if it helps, from previous experience with a neck diving Washburn, lead weights in the cavity made the least difference, with light weight tuners coming in second, and relocating the strap button making the biggest improvement.

')