How to glue carbon fiber to wood?

DistinguishedPapyrus

Reaction score
Basically what the title says... I want to glue in some carbon fiber to my guitar neck, and I've researched it a little bit, and the common answer is epoxy, but whats the best kind to use? Theres epoxy avaliable from multiple sources, I'm thinking I cant go wrong with West Systems...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Riley

Reaction score
Depends entirely on what you are planning to do. If you are gluing rods to keep the neck straight then you could save money and just get some slow cure(30 min or more I'd recommend) epoxy from a hobby shop or hardware store.

If you are using carbon fiber weave for something:scratch: then west systems is the way to go.

In short. If you are laminating something, west systems is pretty much the best option out there. If you just need to secure something and don't want to drop the $ for west systems then go with the cheaper epoxy.

Source: 20+ years building giant scale remote control aircraft with various carbon fiber, epoxy, and wood combinations.

muffinbutton

knows the muffin man
Reaction score
1233343_548720071849700_1955595638_n.jpg

I just had a really tight fit.

Youne

Reaction score
I agree with Riley. Use general epoxy (in your hardware store) it's enough hard and flexible (in the case you use the carbon to reinforce the neck) but use a square or a rectangular section ! The round section is useless in a neck !

Latest posts

')