how to preserve a signature on oil finished wood

Oranproks4

Reaction score
hi, i will be blessed with the chance to meet keith merrow and jeff loomis (conquering dystopia) next month as a part of their master class and the place said they encourage us bringing things for them to sign (YAY)
they will be signing the back of my schecter omen extreme 7's headstock and i just wanted to know what is the best pen to use and what will be the best way to preserve the signature without it getting destroyed (since i live in israel i guess it would be rare to meet jeff and keith haha)

thanks ahead for all advices you may give me

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KempGuitars

Reaction score
hi, i will be blessed with the chance to meet keith merrow and jeff loomis (conquering dystopia) next month as a part of their master class and the place said they encourage us bringing things for them to sign (YAY)
they will be signing the back of my schecter omen extreme 7's headstock and i just wanted to know what is the best pen to use and what will be the best way to preserve the signature without it getting destroyed (since i live in israel i guess it would be rare to meet jeff and keith haha)

thanks ahead for all advices you may give me

Uni Paint Marker < Google it.

Similar to permanent marker but it will not bleed when coated with oil like Sharpies can (sometimes). I've used these for hand-signed headstock logos on my prototypes, left for 24 hours before coating with Tru-Oil. If you can't get one of these, you could use a regular permanent marker (eg Sharpie) but make sure you seal it with very light coat of oil first - apply gently, do nut rub hard :rolleyes:

BEFORE getting the guitar signed, get some wire wool and scuff the back of the headstock - this will give the oil a key. I'd advise using Tru-Oil for this operation.

Last edited: