How to totally screw up your new Ford GT with 9 miles on the ODO

• Thread starter Ken
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ken

Forum MVP
Reaction score
What NOT to do with your NEW $200k Ford GT !

This guy in Mission/Prairie Villlage Kansas waited 2 years for
this $200,000.00 car. He received it two days ago and had only
put 9 miles on it.

He decided to try out how fast it would go, so he decided to punch
the gas pedal. When he did, he lost traction on the rear wheels
and lost control on a bridge which crosses a small creek. He
nailed the steel and concrete pole.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
:rofl: Man, I just love watching idiots get their due. If you can afford a $200k car, then you can afford the cost to get on the track for a day.

BCrowell

Cubicle Dweller
Contributor
Reaction score
What FREAKIN' IDIOT.... that poor poor beautifull car! :noplease:

...next time give it to a person who knows what their doing! FREAK!:evil:

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
I don't know what you guys are freakin out about. It's only cosmetic damage he can still drive it.

Heh, this reminds me of something I saw on "Geraldo at Large" last week.

This suave millionair dude was racing down the West Coast Highway with some mega expensive car of which only 400 existed and lost control and hit a pole or tree (his car was parallel to the object) and sheered the car right in half (front end and tail end seperated at about the mid point of the car)

Ken

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Mastodon said:
I don't know what you guys are freakin out about. It's only cosmetic damage he can still drive it.

I'm not going to completely crucify you here, but "only cosmetic damage"? C'mon man. Really.

In all fairness, you only got to see one of the 7 or so photos. However, it's apparent in this one photo that no one is driving that car anytime soon. That pole went right through the composite body material and straight into the front suspension. Also, no one is closing that trunk anytime soon, and it's kinda hard to see around that. Airbags were deployed, and one can hardly just tape those to the dash and go on about their merry way. Plus, the radiator fans are probably miles downstream by now.

This isn't some fender-bender in a parking lot with 2 Camrys.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ouch. That sucks, I'd be :mad:!

I don't drive my '03 Mustang CV over 70 believe it or not, racing and speeding tickets aren't for me plus, I wouldn't want it ending up looking like that. Oh well, it's his fault for trying to see how fast it goes without gaining control I guess......

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Ken Burtch said:
I'm not going to completely crucify you here, but "only cosmetic damage"? C'mon man. Really.

In all fairness, you only got to see one of the 7 or so photos. However, it's apparent in this one photo that no one is driving that car anytime soon. That pole went right through the composite body material and straight into the front suspension. Also, no one is closing that trunk anytime soon, and it's kinda hard to see around that. Airbags were deployed, and one can hardly just tape those to the dash and go on about their merry way. Plus, the radiator fans are probably miles downstream by now.

This isn't some fender-bender in a parking lot with 2 Camrys.

[action=Mastodon]was being sarcastic. :)[/action]

Ken

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Mastodon said:
[action=Mastodon]was being sarcastic. :)[/action]

[action=Ken Burtch]gets it now. Smiley would've clued him in. lol[/action]

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
A whole bunch of guys from my dorm went to a car show a few weeks back, they said that the driver from the truck who brought the Ford GT drove it around and crashed into a concrete barrier O_O, it seems some people are just incompetent.

Kevan

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That'll buff right out.

(Secondary Post)

Ken Burtch said:
He decided to try out how fast it would go, so he decided to punch
the gas pedal. When he did, he lost traction on the rear wheels
and lost control on a bridge which crosses a small creek. He
nailed the steel and concrete pole.
Oh....to be 19 again.
:D

I'm picking up a vehicle with equal power, but I have an advantage over that GT guy:
I have a fucking brain.

(Ken- I should have it by Jemfest. Wanna take it for a drive? LOL)

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
There's a place for those kind of stunts... it's called "the track".

Anyone who does stupid shit like that on public roads deserves to hit a concrete and steel pole.

D-EJ915 said:
A whole bunch of guys from my dorm went to a car show a few weeks back, they said that the driver from the truck who brought the Ford GT drove it around and crashed into a concrete barrier O_O, it seems some people are just incompetent.
I wonder if it's just a mental disconnect. It's been so long since Ford built anything resembling a supercar that everyday schmoes think it's just a gussied up Fairmont. (Like the Mustang was for about 20 years before the latest redesign.)

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Kevan said:
I'm picking up a vehicle with equal power, but I have an advantage over that GT guy:
I have a fucking brain.

(Ken- I should have it by Jemfest. Wanna take it for a drive? LOL)

And what would that be? Z06, Viper, 911 Turbo? Man, I would love a fast car like that.

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
darren said:
(Think bigger.)

Hummer%20Monster%20Truck%20(1).jpg

Kevan

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Heh heh...close, but street legal.

I agree with the others: Put the GT on your trailer and haul it to the track. Be an idiot there instead.

Latest posts

')