How would Dupstep and Djent sound together?

• Thread starter RG7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
IMO, dubstep isn't really music.

Your definition of music is very strange then....

Noticeable rhythm? Check
Melody or any melodic dynamic at all? Check
Can it be heard by a human being? Check

Its music.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kavnar

Reaction score
A lot of dubstep is metal influenced anyway and some of it is really great:

A 'djent'/dubstep project could work but I don't think that I'd personally be into it. It's definitely worth experimenting but both genres stand alone great and I don't think a hybrid would work very well.

JamieB

Reaction score

This sounds djenty

listen to the drop sounds like heavy bens and a lot of triplet palm muting :D

sell2792

Reaction score
The two would be awesome together. Hopefully something quality close to this comes out soon.

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Mod. Please lock this. Don't want this terrible idea to spread any further. ;)

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Mod. Please lock this. Don't want this terrible idea to spread any further. ;)

Yes, just because you think it is a terrible idea mods should lock this, right? Opinions aren't a good thing.

templton89

russki 3Dartist dude
Reaction score
not exactly djent/dub but i think Prodigy took some steps in that direction almost a decade ago.

and in recent years I've heard some stuff that popped up here with mixed elements of metal/core and some sort of hard electronic music.
Big chocolate remixes, TDVP, brokencyde (*barf*), emmure's solar flare homicide had something to it before one of the breakdowns.

I think it's only a matter of time before we hear more djent and dub step come together (besides the Algorithm).

Kali Yuga

Reaction score
I don't really like djent but I think it could be kind of cool, as long as it kept out the whiny and metalcore vocals that turn me off djent. I like the beginning of that Circles song posted here. I would like to see more djent with electronic influences and parts... if only these band would get some un-sissified vocals. :lol::fawk:

diatron5

Reaction score
this is a cool thread. I'm not super big on dubstep but I always saw the similarities between the two genre's. Especially in their recent nearly simultaneous rises to popularity.

')