How'd you get to what you listening to now?

• Thread starter tekkadon d
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
Punk (pop punk not real punk) > indie (the strokes to white stripes to whatever) > Prog (muse radiohead, dream theatre, symphony X) > Noise rock > Metalz

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as

:metal:

Although the UK indie rock establishment seem to have claimed John Peel as one of their own I remember him as the only DJ with the balls to play ANYTHING he damn well wanted instead of sticking to some corporate playlist he really did not give a fuck about convention or genre and we need more people in music like him.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
haha I don't think there's anything that can make me feel older than that does.

I've been through all of the phases since the late '80s- thrash, then grunge, shoegaze, then I got back into heavy music when I first heard Opeth. Now folk metal is the stuff that I get into the most.

Except Xanithon/Steve is 11.

:lol:

AngelVivaldi

Contributor
Reaction score
Savage Garden > Meredith Brooks > Blink 182 > Nirvana > Metallica > Joe Satriani > Dream Theater > Within The Ruins

I pretty much went from one end of the spectrum to the other. I still genuinely enjoy the sappy soft shit :fawk:

Ckackley

Reaction score
My Mom has a great story about being pregnant with me and going to a Black Sabbath concert.:hbang:
The music I heard growing up was mostly country though, with a little classic rock thrown in. I wanted to play drums at first. However, there was a guitar laying around the house so I started taking a class in school playing guitar. The country music didn't cut it any more after a while , just as Bon Jovi's "New Jersey" album came out. Around that time I also saw Stevie Ray Vaughn on "Austin City Limits" and I really got into playing guitar.
I got sucked into the entire hair metal thing for a bit,then when Metallica's "Black" album dropped it was all over. I bought their entire back catalog. Then got into Megadeth. Then Steve Vai for a bit . Then Grunge happened and I totally lost interest in heavy music. I ran back to Jazz and blues.
I started hearing things about some new bands from friends. The whole Nu-metal thing sounded good. No guitar solo's yet, but decent enough music. I picked the guitar up again and got into Godsmack, Disturbed, ect.. That's also about the time I hooked up with my current band and started playing 7 string guitars. In looking for other 7 string bands I've discovered Nevermore, and Meshuggah. I joined this site , and am now listening to a ton of music I never knew was out there. Evergrey, Kamelot, and the list goes on. So I guess my musical listening tastes directly stemmed from playing guitar. :lol:

ckh

Reaction score
AC/DC > Black Sabbath > Judas Priest > Rush > Dragonforce > Korn > Powerquest > Holy Knights > Rhapsody of fire > and now a' days just Yngwie Malmsteen, Symphony X, Children Of Bodom,Sonata Arctica, and the best band of all time NEVERMORE!!

')