Howdy, new member here

• Thread starter surge247
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

surge247

Goofy Foot
Reaction score
Hey guys, my name's Spencer. New member here, but not new to the forums. I've been browsing here the past couple years and felt maybe it was finally time to get an account to start getting opinions on music. I've been recording my own music for 2 years, played guitar for about the same. I haven't done any real releases due to me being crazy perfectionist about my music, so not much gets done.

Almost gave up, but recently started writing new music... working on an EP right now.

I play Djent, but as cliche as it sounds, play the style a bit different than other stuff that seems to be out right now. Not very into the ambient aspect of djent, neither am I into the "dark" or "metal" kind of feel a lot of it has. I like the more "funky" side of djent, and like to add punk-y sounding parts to my songs. I used to play straight up deathcore, but progressed to djent over the years.

This is the most recent demo I did. I play an 8-string tuned D# standard.
Fever Pitch.m4a

Recorded this about 6-months ago. This song reflects some deathcore influence still. New demos I've been working on lack a general metal feel and have what I call just a "sick & heavy" feel that make you want to say **** yeah! hahaha.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Slavocracy

Reaction score
Dude, I'm so with you on being more focused on the funky side of djent, haha so many people get sucked into boring chugging overtop of atmospheric stuff. I listened to that demo and it's fucking amazing dude, it's like djent meets nu-metal which in this case is a great thing. A "Fuck yeah" was definitely felt while listening to that demo so please make more, haha.

Edit: btw, production quality was pretty good too. Could use a bit more bass in the mix though.

surge247

Goofy Foot
Reaction score
Dude, I'm so with you on being more focused on the funky side of djent, haha so many people get sucked into boring chugging overtop of atmospheric stuff. I listened to that demo and it's fucking amazing dude, it's like djent meets nu-metal which in this case is a great thing. A "Fuck yeah" was definitely felt while listening to that demo so please make more, haha.

Edit: btw, production quality was pretty good too. Could use a bit more bass in the mix though.

Def dude!!!!! I'm so sick of tech-shit. I love to try and write fairly simple and fun songs rather than complicated and exhausting tech songs that sound like 400 misfitting riffs strung together. Thanks for listening to the demo! It actually only has guitar and drums in it (and the dj scratching). I'm getting a 6string bass soon so I can record bass parts (programming Trilian got so tiring). Nothing was actually really mastered in that song, I just recorded straight from my eleven rack and used the samples from Metalheads EZX, that was all.

New stuff is gonna have vocals too... Some screaming, but a lot of it will have rage against the machine type vocals, I'm even going to be rapping a bit :) lol.

Slavocracy

Reaction score
Def dude!!!!! I'm so sick of tech-shit. I love to try and write fairly simple and fun songs rather than complicated and exhausting tech songs that sound like 400 misfitting riffs strung together. Thanks for listening to the demo! It actually only has guitar and drums in it (and the dj scratching). I'm getting a 6string bass soon so I can record bass parts (programming Trilian got so tiring). Nothing was actually really mastered in that song, I just recorded straight from my eleven rack and used the samples from Metalheads EZX, that was all.

New stuff is gonna have vocals too... Some screaming, but a lot of it will have rage against the machine type vocals, I'm even going to be rapping a bit :) lol.

That actually sounds really sick dude. Nu-djent, haha.. I can imagine the flame wars that will be had over the thought of it, but regardless fucking awesome. Spot on about people overcomplicating their songs, I like djent but some bands are honestly so over-complex and irrational that it actually ends up sounding simple and repetitive...

VBCheeseGrater

not quite a shredder
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! :pickle:

sorry i just discovered all these new icons in the smiley drop down, had to use one!

')