HR 1207: Audit the Federal Reserve

• Thread starter JakeRI
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Atomic Ass

Redefining Sound
Reaction score
yeah. obama will probably veto it. but the whole movement is gaining attention, which is awesome. Paul tried this 2 years ago and had 2 cosponsors haha
Yeah, I think Ron Paul has a head on his shoulders, and a conscience... But in corruptionton D.C., he can't really do much more than a caged dog during a burglary. :flame:

cpnhowdy

Reaction score
I'm not real happy with the language, but it's a start.

What part would you change and why?

I`m really hoping that this will lead to an eventual abolishment of the FED.
However even if HR 1208 and S604 goes through the House and Senate and
if the central bankers allow Obama to sign it, I fear it will end up a big farce
like the recent stress tests, full of lies and bullshit.

My guess is a veto. His new plan actually "would grant the Federal Reserve increased power in the oversight and management of the largest financial companies in the market". That is just insane and a slap in the face of every citizen. :nuts:

The Atomic Ass

Redefining Sound
Reaction score
What part would you change and why?

My guess is a veto. His new plan actually "would grant the Federal Reserve increased power in the oversight and management of the largest financial companies in the market". That is just insane and a slap in the face of every citizen. :nuts:

All of it. Change it to the "Abolish the FED act".

And this "new" development changes very little anyway.

TruthDose

SRS BIDNIZZ
Reaction score
My guess is it doesn't get past the Senate and their "banking committee." :rolleyes:

Update: They had a hearing on the 25th (Sept.) and it was pretty good. Tom Woods, author of Meltdown, got Barney Frank all fired up, and its already funny enough to hear him talk. Anyway, nothing got done really. Grayson tore some people up (surprise), but that was all.

Another funny thing is that the governmedia, had it aired at 1:00 AM on CSPAN2...

')