Hufschmid 7 Custom

• Thread starter Felsstein
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Felsstein

Reaction score
Hey guys,

(first post :) )
Two days ago I`ve met Patrick (Hufschmid) and his fine, little workshop near Montreux to discuss some features of the guitar I`ve just ordered. I saw some of his non-programmable-handdrills :hbang:, lot of tools, his workbench and a pile of mahogany rests from other guitarprojects. All I can say is that he`s a well experienced artist in guitarbuilding with a good ear to his customers and he`s really honest.

My new 7 will be all mahogany (some nice flamed mahogany) with a red bloodwood FB, custom Kent Armstrong pickups (to my specs), superstrat shape, with my own headstock design, 27" scale, all black hardware, in black distressed oil finish.

some pics of the mahogany blank I`ve chosen and the headstock layout:
View attachment 11873 View attachment 11874 View attachment 11875

Cant wait to put my hands on it, but have to wait 2 or 3 months.. hope that time flows very fast...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
ah, so that´s where that headstock will be going! :)

this is going to be awesome, dude! we´re all very familiar with hufschmid over here, and we all love him dearly :wub:

you should look forward to awesome little tweaks and stuff that´ll end up on your guitar, he has a way of coming up with awesome little ideas while he´s working on stuff :D

Felsstein

Reaction score
I know... :) he`s really inovative. During the 3 hours of discussion he mentioned some new stuff he is trying to realize. I think there is no barrier for him, but thats good.. and there are allready some small details that are influenced from him

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Awesome! Can't wait to see progress / completion pics and videos!

Cause you are making videos of it... right... :squint:

Pingu

NOOT NOOT
Reaction score
Awesome! Can't wait to see progress / completion pics and videos!

Cause you are making videos of it... right... :squint:

It'll be "Huff's How To Make A Badass Reversed Headstock Guitar In 70 10 Minute YouTube Videos!"

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys,

(first post :) )
Two days ago I`ve met Patrick (Hufschmid) and his fine, little workshop near Montreux to discuss some features of the guitar I`ve just ordered. I saw some of his non-programmable-handdrills :hbang:, lot of tools, his workbench and a pile of mahogany rests from other guitarprojects. All I can say is that he`s a well experienced artist in guitarbuilding with a good ear to his customers and he`s really honest.

My new 7 will be all mahogany (some nice flamed mahogany) with a red bloodwood FB, custom Kent Armstrong pickups (to my specs), superstrat shape, with my own headstock design, 27" scale, all black hardware, in black distressed oil finish.

some pics of the mahogany blank I`ve chosen and the headstock layout:
View attachment 11873 View attachment 11874 View attachment 11875

Cant wait to put my hands on it, but have to wait 2 or 3 months.. hope that time flows very fast...

Alex :wub:

:welcome: to the forum man, hope you will enjoy the bunch of cool musicians in here, I will send you picture spam anytime I have an update!

BTW Alex came from Basel (german part of switzerland) to visit me, thats like 3 hours by train to go and 3 hours to go back.... :bowdown:

vontetzianos

Reaction score
Congrats man. I'm sure Huf will hook you up with a really sick guitar. Post some more progress pics when you get them.

Izebecool

Reaction score
Lookin awesome! Patrick makes some really tasty guitars :yum:

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Yea that looks really nice, I can't wait to see the finished product, I haven't seen a Hufschmid 7 yet.

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
I haven't seen a Hufschmid 7 yet.

:scratch: I mostly always get orders for 7 strings, they are all over my website :D

Here are some fresh pics, I put some naphta on the wood to show the figurine...

Enjoy :)

l_069ecdd1bc3b46a89d48429b70d0346c.jpg

l_1ddb88b73cb044b5836ed5583f839caf.jpg

l_2b7aef3aee804bc6aea0145f5a018e53.jpg

l_290e5b6f45c5449480024a6b205a081f.jpg

l_8e962cf3b81d40b2867cc352f03bdd91.jpg

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
sweet bevels, alright! :D

it´s looking really nice, can´t wait to see it when it´s starting to take shape with the neck and some hardware etc :)

')