Hufschmid BlackDroïd Octane

vontetzianos

Reaction score
Hey,

So 8 string GAS has crept up again, and I'm considering the Hufschmid brand, namely the BlackDroïd Octane. I have heard only good things about Patrick, but I wanted to know how those of you (if any) who have the Octane thought about it (sound, feel, quality, reliability). I'm always very cautious to order stuff I haven't or can't try out first. The website is under construction, so I can't locate a price, so maybe you guys could help me with that as well. Many thanks.

l_fc7178c960214896b30530ee1217a0c3.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Alekke

Octopus Djentalis
Reaction score
Those are very expensive, especially if you are not from europe.

for a 8 string custom Hufschmid
4000CHF - 3300USD - 2600EURO - 2200GBP

for a 8 string Baritone custom Hufschmid

There are lot of clips on youtube

Trespass

AEADGBEA
Reaction score
Hufschmid himself posts here, so I imagine you could speak to him about it if you want.

He's posted quite a bit of build pics, as well as given solid advice to a number of people regarding guitar tech and luthiery. I imagine, they are excellent guitars for the price (if you are European), based on the attention to detail and construction quality.

However, take that with a grain of salt; I have yet to actually play one, my thoughts are based on the pictures, (partially blurred by excess salivation) and even then: I'm hardly a luthier.

Cheers on whatever decision you make

Reaction score
Oh and something else you should know is he likes to build Bolt-on necks :shrug: so don't know if he will do Neck-thru or not He migt but you would have to ask him

Scarpie

Reaction score
patrick has a video of how he makes his guitars and my god if isn't just incredible how it's all done. i truly get even more impressed everytime i see it. but yea it speaks highly of his ethic and craftmanship. i would buy from him with alot of confidence

vontetzianos

Reaction score
patrick has a video of how he makes his guitars and my god if isn't just incredible how it's all done. i truly get even more impressed everytime i see it. but yea it speaks highly of his ethic and craftmanship. i would buy from him with alot of confidence

:eek:Please can you give me the link. I've seen all his youtube videos but I havn't seen this one.

Scarpie

Reaction score
you know what? after checking it out i've noticed that he doesn't have it up anymore. damn shame too. i wonder why that is. sorry vonte

arktan

Icnomptenent
Reaction score
He's probably busy installing his new 30K output pickup (!!! Yes, 30K. :lol:) but if you shoot him a PM i'm sure he'll respond :D

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score
He's probably busy installing his new 30K output pickup (!!! Yes, 30K. :lol:) but if you shoot him a PM i'm sure he'll respond :D

:lol: haha yes i'm actually mounting the pickups and taking pictures for you guys haha

well the video has been delated, i tought that nobody was watching it.... my mistake:ugh: but i want to make a new one pretty soon

Scarpie

Reaction score
:lol: haha yes i'm actually mounting the pickups and taking pictures for you guys haha

well the video has been delated, i tought that nobody was watching it.... my mistake:ugh: but i want to make a new one pretty soon

dude i seriously found that vid of your building to be incredibly entertaining. if you have more on way post em here too hahahaha

RXTN

Seventh Son
Reaction score

QUOTE]

Is there possible to make custom 8 with 25,5" scale?

hufschmid

Banned
Reaction score

QUOTE]

Is there possible to make custom 8 with 25,5" scale?

i dont really recommend a 25.5'' scale for an 8.... how will you tune it up? and why do you want a 25.5'' scale? if you tune to low f sharf your string will be floopy...

')