HUGE fakes in italian online store (Ibanez content)

thedarkoceans

Banned
Reaction score
So,there is a website called "Mercatino Musicale" that is kinda an eBay for musicale instruments.everyything is in italian.So,shops can sell their shit and users can sell their used geetars/amps/everything else.There is a guy,who posted 2 fake Ibbys,for a pretty high price (considering that they are fake).

THE FIRST FAKE:

so,one is a Jem777 Desert Yellow,you can se that it is a fake just 'cos he put 2 totally different pics of the guitar,in one the body has the kinda "hole",and in the other it there isnt! And again,one pic is taken from ANOTHER fake item previously put online from another user,in another part of Italy.
PICS DOWN THERE:

the first one with "the kinda hole":
2350025_1324008503.jpg

and the second one with the different body:

2350025_1324008544.jpg

THEN,THE SECOND FAKE:

A Steve Vai Signature 7V,clearly a fake,a pics is from a FAKE headstock,another from a 2001 body and another one from a 2003-2010 body:

2350026_1324009031.jpg

2350026_1324009134.jpg

2350026_1324009143.jpg

you can spot they're both fakes even 'cos the pics ARENT shoot in the same place,clearly.

I contacted this asshole,saying that I'm interested,I asked for the serial number.I want to know more,I'll keep you updated.

TDO.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Esp Griffyn

Play more music
Reaction score
Wait, are we saying the auctions are fake (attempting to cheat people out of money for a guitar they will never receive) or that the guitars themselves are chinese copies?

For Chibanez copies, if that is what they are, they are lot better than some I've seen.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
The first pic of the desert yellow is a real Jem and as far as I can tell all the white ones look legit. Only questionable one is the DY with no handle.

Dooky

Reaction score
This thread confuses me :scratch:
What are you referring to when you say: "The kinda hole"?
The first Jem looks legit to me and the White Jem looks good too.

B-lebs

Reaction score
The first pic of the desert yellow is a real Jem and as far as I can tell all the white ones look legit. Only questionable one is the DY with no handle.

This thread confuses me :scratch:
What are you referring to when you say: "The kinda hole"?
The first Jem looks legit to me and the White Jem looks good too.
There are only two auctions. So, for the yellow "one," one pic shows a legitimate guitar, the second shows a second, legitimate guitar; they are not the same, but are being included in the same ad for the same guitar.

By "the kinda hole," I think he means the grip cut.

What is happening is a bait and switch, see one thing, get another. The dude with the listing accidentally used photos of different guitars, neither of which you would receive.

Bigfan

sixstringer
Reaction score

That one's probably a pimped rg550, as it has no lion-claw either.

jl-austin

Reaction score

I agree!

I highly doubt the people making fake guitars have made tremolo systems that look that close to Ibanez systems.

The logo on the Jem7v is off obviously, not sure what happened there. The one without a claw is obviously not a Jem (like that is the first RG "Jem clone" we have seen?).

They do look a little off though, especially the white Jem7v, might be a RG "Jem clone" also.