Hughes & Kettner Grandmeister Deluxe 40 appreciation

Guitarjon

Reaction score
I've had the Hughes & Kettner Grandmeister Deluxe 40 for a couple of years now. I got it used off someone who hadn't used it a whole lot. It's just a great amp! It's capable of so many great tones with the 4 channels, the built in boost, the effects, the gate, the presence and resonance controls etc. So anytime someone asks me what the best all-round amp is, the GMD40 definitely is the one that I mention the most!

So since I've had this amp for a couple of years now I thought I would be fun to make a little video showcasing some of my favorite tones that this amp has to offer, of course also including some high gain tones!

I love this thing and I will keep recommending it to people who want something that "does it all" in a small package but with plenty of power. It also looks really cool imho ;) Who else has a H&K?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I'm not the biggest fan of the H&K sound, but apart from Mesa Rectos and Marshall DSLs, I recall H&K being pretty big in the early 2000s nu metal and post grunge scene. They seem to be perfect for that massive wall of sound... sound. :lol:

')