Hunting for a seemingly rare Jackson

• Thread starter Anatoth Derek
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Anatoth Derek

Reaction score
I am in the hunt to find a certain Jackson guitar, and this forum is filled with more know how than any place else on the web. So I ask you my brothers and sisters to help me find what I need. What I need is this:

Jackson Dinky mid 90's Hum Sing Sing neck thru floyd rose. I was told it was American although my instincts tell me it's Japanese. The tricky part is the finish. It has to be the planets finish they released. It's in the same vein as the pile of skulls, but it is a space scene with a ringed planet in the foreground and the galaxy filling out the rest of it.

If anyone on here can help me find one of, or get info on a price of one, or even so much as get me a picture, anything and everything will help in my hunt.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BigBaldIan

Bald and gribbly.
Reaction score
An H-S-S with a through neck would make it a Soloist and the only finish I can think of that matches would be the Nebula graphic.

Anatoth Derek

Reaction score
After a quick google, it appears that may be the actual finish. My reference pictures are few and far between however, so I can't be 100% that its that finish. That was the best lead I have gotten so far though, and thanks for correcting the model for me!

Force

Jackson Addict
Reaction score
There was one with ringed planets that took up about half the graphic, don't know when it was done or what model but it wasn't 'Nebula'.

Then there's this...........................

315d2f0a.jpg

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Screw that, you seen the California Sunset finish?

Californian%20Sunset.jpg

Do want.

Also, I maintain that a Bengal-finish SL2HT will be mine one day.

Anatoth Derek

Reaction score
I feel like Force found it. I have to check with the original owner. Now I need to find one for sale... Anyway have a needle in this haystack?

Anatoth Derek

Reaction score
Apparently we are hovering around the area but not there yet. I am working on getting an original picture at the moment. Thanks for all the help so far guys

Force

Jackson Addict
Reaction score
This is another one similar to the description?

That one is a one-off, not a Jackson production graphic. Still pretty sweet though.

I was sure there was one that had more than one planet on it but it must have been a custom job too.
The planets were in a line, 3 or 4 of them, each one hiding behind the one in front of it. It had more colour to it as well.

MetalDaze

Repless in Seattle
Reaction score
Keep in mind most of those graphics changed a bit over the years since they are airbrushed and not printed. I've seen a few different versions of Nebula and you can find lots of variations on Pile 'o Skulls and Lightning Sky.

5150time

Now with Vitamin R
Reaction score
There's also this version, on page 47/48, which would put it at 1990 or so. The graphic for Saturn has morphed a lot over the years, but this is the only year I've ever seen that didn't have a predominantly green planet, other than whenever the one Neilzord posted was from. I've never seen an actual owner picture of the one from the catalog, though:

http://support.jacksonguitars.com/catalogs/us/JacksonCharvel1990-91_catalog.pdf

Latest posts

')